57 coaches online • Server time: 22:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 02:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I really can't make my mind up on which of the 3 home variations is the best. They all work.

I liked the hat on your first skeleton #6. Is there a way of retaining it while still reducing the gold?

I'm happy that someone has picked zon linos, they really need expansion.
#1 and #2, I think the new shoulder pads are an improvement
#3 ponytail is not quite right. Juts out a bit too far with the front on view. Maybe go with just 1 hair tie and move the pony tail in.
#4 Good. A ginga! I like it, nobody will accuse her of being a troll slayer
#5 Good. May look a bit better with even darker hair
#6 Side on view is nice. Front on, I'd lose the tail

Other options. I think some with feathers could work. Pigtails?

Also the square jaws. Could a narrower chin like Zara's work better?:
cdwat

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
I liked the hat on your first skeleton #6.

It does look good, but I think a clearer distinction between positionals is more important.
ie:
Skeletons = hatless
Throw-ra = hat
Blitz-ra = horned skull

Bio template here.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop/cdwat:

Here's a glimpse of the original #6 with less gold:

The "hat" is still there, in gold, but the chest plate has been removed. For a laugh I also added the "feathers" from the "hat", minus the "hat." It looks alright, until you see the profile shot.

I'm not married to including this skeleton or not. But, if a majority did decide to add him in, that would bring us to a total of 7 unique skeletons, only needed one more to hit 16 unique icons for Khemri. Just sayin'.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

cdwat wrote:
Throw-ra = hat

Personally really liked Jim_Fear's arched skeleton #6 hat. Maybe one of the Thro-ra's could have it? Just a thought.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle,

What if we switched out the standard "Throw-ra #2", the one with the stupid looking football helmet, with the original skeleton #6, full hat, with all the gold bling?
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:

The square jaws. Could a narrower chin like Zara's work better?

Let's get the faces looking correct and then I can go back to changing hair and all that.

Take a look here:

Both now have more angler faces. For the line women on top, this has revealed some more detail of the shoulder pads. For the line women on bottom, you can now see a slight highlight of the clavicle. These are both really subtle, and mostly it's only going to be us pixel nerds who can tell the difference. If we can get a consensus on the face I can go back to messing with the hair.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Jim_Fear wrote:
What if we switched out the standard "Throw-ra #2", the one with the stupid looking football helmet, with the original skeleton #6, full hat, with all the gold bling?

I think it'd look really good.

There are the issues of someone having made Thro-ra #2 already though, the stepping on toes, and focusing on making new stuff instead of remakes.

Not my decision, but if there is a consensus, I think it'd be an improvement. Would make for a more Egyptian vibe.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:

#3 ponytail is not quite right.

Here is a redo of the ponytail, with angular face and the profile view looking a little more feminine.

I never noticed it until you mentioned it, but the with the square faces, the Amazons really look like dudes.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Jim_Fear wrote:

It would be nice to see some more feathers and bones in their outfits. It lacks a bit of the Amazon vibe now.

Perhaps not the best mini, but this lino has a skull'n'feathers hat.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

It would be nice to see some more feathers and bones in their outfits. It lacks a bit of the Amazon vibe now.

I'm going to have to experiment with a few ideas I have. I could possibly add a skull or some bones as the center piece of the "belt", but if I start adding anywhere else the linemen are going to start resembling the blitzers.

A delicate balance.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 06:16
FUMBBL Staff

A discord channel where we can cut and paste pictures direct from Gimp/Photoshop, rather than wait past the image approval delay could be a nice way of progressing things.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 07:18
FUMBBL Staff

Balle2000 wrote:
There are the issues of someone having made Thro-ra #2 already though, the stepping on toes, and focusing on making new stuff instead of remakes.

That is an issue I guess. I've been tempted to look at Norse Thrower #1. I have put him on the line, or left him on the bench in error a few times as he looks a bit like a lineman

On closer scrutiny there are clear differences to the lineman, but I still think a bit of colour on the helmet like Thrower#2 could help things.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an idea of the colour scheme I wanted for khemri away. I've also played around with the eye shape a bit.

With a strong colour on the armour, it's better to make the top highlight really strong and stand out. Probably even more than I have done. Here's a better example.

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse thrower. Add a mask to the first one. Make the masks and the centre ridge on the helmet gold. Leave the wings silver to keep uniform with the rest of the team.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 22:36
FUMBBL Staff

harvestmouse wrote:
Here's an idea of the colour scheme I wanted for khemri away. I've also played around with the eye shape a bit.

That's astounding! It's like a next generation of icon. Most icons have about 3 colours in a zone. e.g. the skull. Yours has 7-10. Raising the bar.

I've cut and pasted onto a pitch and the darker outline helps too.

The only thing I wonder about is gold. I think the bling is something that is a big part of khemri. How well does it show up with that bone colour?
 Jump to: