71 coaches online • Server time: 22:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2018 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
No crocodile-headed men in 5th ed. book either.
Ushabti are the only animal-headed troops

Looks to me as if Ushabti can have eagle, jackal or crocodile shaped heads.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2018 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but they are bigger-than-men animated statues.
gpope

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2018 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Blitz ras are not meant to be a human skeleton. The original figure line were of a crocodile type mythical warriors that is common in Egyptian lore with horns. They shouldn't be human in appearance. I guess a longer snout could help.

Makes sense. I always wondered what was going on in the player portrait since it never matched the icon. A bigger snout probably couldn't hurt but again I can't imagine it's a priority.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 21:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Norse Throwers
I've added a bit of red to Thrower#1's helmet. He shouldn't get confused with linemen anymore.

To see the whole Norse set (along with cdwat's recoloured yeti and ulf) on various pitches click HERE

GOBLINS!:

Set expanded from 7 to 12
Fatso, Droopy Ears, Waistcoat (aka Mankini), Shorty, Faceplate

I think the only one that might be controversial is Shorty. Icons generally are pretty uniform on height. Shorty is 2 pixels shorter than standard. I messed with this because people are not all the same. Look at a rugby team when the camera pans across the team when lined up for the national anthems - huge variation. Gobs are messed up more than most so I thought Shorty would fit in here. He's way bigger than S1 sized snotlings. S1.8 round up to 2.

And on pitches click HERE
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of shorty. Nothing to do with height uniformity, something just looks off about the icon anyway.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside, is it possible to remake the Goblin Renegade icon please?
The current client icon is small compared to the other Goblin icons.
A simple skin recolour of a normal Goblin should do the job.
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 01, 2018 - 20:42
FUMBBL Staff

By (un)popular demand, Shorty gets the chop. It seems I was the only one who liked him. Replaced with Mohawk.

Full set as seen on different weather pitches HERE

Also, with all this icon scrutiny we discovered a bug. Slann away catcher encroaches on the personal space of away catcher profile. A sliver of glove floats.

Easily fixed. Let us know if you're aware of any other examples like this.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 03, 2018 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The pact icon was done when we used the old Stunty set. Snots, gobs and flings were then replaced by Stunty div or based on Stunty div icons. Check that division, there maybe something appropriate.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 03, 2018 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

When we originally added the extra zombies whatball did a black orc blocker. However he removed it due to it being st4 sized. Part of the whatball legacy is that each icons size represents its strength, even dorfs. So shorty would have been problematic imo.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 02:03
FUMBBL Staff

I got a bit distracted from this project when a wood elf kickstarter arrived 2-3 weeks before a TT tournament and a lot of free time was spent painting.

So next expansion - Wood Elves:

The current lineman set has only two. Short brown ponytail and short black ponytail. Messing with hair seemed an easy win for a quick expansion:

and on pitches:
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=5325

5 hairstyles, 2 shoulder pads, 2 uniforms. I'll mix things around a bit more to add variety

I don't know the Wood Elf fluff. Should the uniform be so uniform, or is a bit more variety ok? Thoughts on my alternate uniform (elf #7)?

One possible expansion is the addition of female players. Again I don't know much in Warhammer/BB world fluff on such issues. It seems to me that elves are races that could be more open to this.
Both Willy and Iron Golems 2018 wood elf fantasy football teams had female players. But they're not canon.
GW pro elves latest release was around 3:1 male:female, a bit of official direction there?

Feedback please.

Last edited by ramchop on Jun 02, 2018 - 01:12; edited 1 time in total
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I quite like those hair variants, well done! Perhaps with the armour, they need less red/blue uniform?

Quick mock up:
Image (awaiting approval)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 09:09
FUMBBL Staff

Rbthma wrote:
Perhaps with the armour, they need less red/blue uniform?

Quick mock up:

I'm not sure about that. For me, the most important thing is to at a glance be able to tell the different positionals apart.

The hair colour goes some way towards this (linos brown/black, thrower white, wardancer orange, catcher yellow). But it's important other aspects also distinguish the positions. A bare arm may make the linos a bit like a thrower.

In fact I think perhaps both wardancers should be shirtless.

Shoeless is an interesting idea, no other human/elf race is. A google image search of "wood elf" doesn't really fit with barefoot though. Maybe an idea for Bretonian peasants (linemen).
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 11:38
FUMBBL Staff

Here's my go at the Wood Elf set.

Added a bunch of linos, a thrower, and some catchers. I haven't touched the tree, but am thinking of having a go at something less Irish (they're the same as the halfling trees).

I also tried making Wardancer 1 shirtless, but he ended up too much like WD2. Removed just the sleeves, and quite like this look.

Full set on all the pitches are HERE

I'd really like to hear some feedback. And if you're interested in getting more involved in the process feel free to pop into the discord channel
https://discord.gg/vymA22r
Frylen

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The changes that has been done via this thread has for the most part already been implemented, right? Do you know if someone will put them on pages like this one: https://fumbbl.com/p/icons ; for display? (I am asking because I have made some pictures for our leauge page from the icons shown on the page I linked and if the client icon set gets upgraded so must my league(!) ) On a side note: really like the upgrades and I follow the thread with great anticipation!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 20:52
FUMBBL Staff

The only change so far resulting fron this thread is the repaired Slann.

The rest of the work has not received any official approval. The goal is to expand all of the icon sets listed in the opening post - then submit all in one go and hope they're of a high enough standard to be accepted.

So if you see anything that doesn't look good enough, or doesn't fit, please let us know and we'll improve or remove.

**edit: the slann away catchers have not been fixed yet
 Jump to: