44 coaches online • Server time: 12:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Doofr

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2020 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so its a long time i didnt make a donation and i feel gulty about it and on the other hand i need tons of new logos... Surprised

So im willing to offer 5$ by logo. No limits of the numer of logos (maybe the number of teams i got ? Wink ).

So if you willing to make good logos, contact me for see for which team you are willing to make one . Wink

Need logos for blackbox teams, league teams etc...

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what take up you've had I've put a whole five minutes into the following. Obviously they are very much pushing the boundaries of what would be considered 'good'

Battlestar Chaotica - chaos symbol was obvious. Given Battlestar thematically dealt with themes around an extinction level event, espionage, and totalitarian government vs freedom of the people I though it should also capture that

https://ibb.co/w4HBb8G

Apes Against The Machine - Wanted to capture the basic principle of Apes taking on 'the machine'. I chose the machine to represent a 'feed in/churn out' system that demonstrated the growing uniformity of modern culture. Obvious as sports team logo it was important to show that the apes were winning that battle

https://ibb.co/NLsxq0Q
Doofr

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, i will pm you.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I was hoping to start an onslaught of proper attempts from others more talented than me rather you have to rely on terrible 70/80s TV based logos. We're not desperate enough yet for me to unleash my Police Academy and 90s UK crime drama logos...
Badoek

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You make up for raw talent with your explanation. Like a proper modern artist.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

https://imgur.com/4KOrjA5

.... the B is for Box Razz
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst that is clearly excellent I feel I'm not yet bought into the underlying story that turn a picture into great art. I was going to work on the premise that 'are the genocidal robots really the bad guys, or are they simply reflecting the nature of their creators from what they have witnessed with their own eyes?'

or it needs more Boxey Razz
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The way in which your image subverts the automatic assumption of authoritarian rule really dislocates traditional materials and combines them with new materials in order to overturn existing preconceptions of the genocidal nature of the misunderstood robots. It exemplifies the use of such subversive devices that are essential to this enquiry into amazingly shitty 70's and 80's television art, that they now form a strange and undefinable gap or space, that is protected and shadowed by the vast and towering edifices of the medium. These now function as an aesthetic structure that stimulates and soothes the viewer. Congratulations C0ddlefish on a masterful rendition. I bow to the master.
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy_Amateur wrote:
The way in which your image subverts the automatic assumption of authoritarian rule really dislocates traditional materials and combines them with new materials in order to overturn existing preconceptions of the genocidal nature of the misunderstood robots. It exemplifies the use of such subversive devices that are essential to this enquiry into amazingly shitty 70's and 80's television art, that they now form a strange and undefinable gap or space, that is protected and shadowed by the vast and towering edifices of the medium. These now function as an aesthetic structure that stimulates and soothes the viewer. Congratulations C0ddlefish on a masterful rendition. I bow to the master.

Laughing awesome Smile

Simiarly, it was no accident that I chose Bertha to represent 'the machine' in the Apes image. Bertha was clearly Thatcherite propaganda aimed at further undermining the working class in the UK manufacturing industry in the 80s. Look at the theme tune:

Code:
Bertha lovely Bertha, you are lovely machine
And anyone who works with you will know just what I mean. Whoa . . .

Bertha lovely Bertha, sometimes I think your a dream
When we work out what you have to do
You can always turn the goods out
Always turn the goods out we can depend upon you

Clicking in the day, flashing in the night
Your computer is shining brightly
Some people say you have a mind of your own
And I think that's very likely, likely

Bertha lovely Bertha, sometimes I think your a dream
When we work out what you have to do
You can always turn the goods out.
Always turn the goods out we can depend upon you.

Now if that isn't a blatant statement saying 'you underclass are expendable, we have replaced you with technology' then I don't know what is.
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

https://imgur.com/a/5fAeAbE
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure you really are an amateur....that is also ace!
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously Bertha was a representation of Thatcherite policies in the 1980's, but the symbolism she really invokes makes us ask the question "Was the Punk movement in Britain merely a working class response to the advent of Thatcherism and free-market ideas?"
The corpus of your pitch art focusing on, or rather against, Margaret Thatcher is quite reminiscent of not only the Punk years and their extended middle finger to the establishment, but also makes us think 'Do we Blood Bowl to display our disestablishmentarialism?' More simply put 'Is playing Blood Bowl, and the manufacturing of pitch art our generations revolution... the revolution that our parents thought would come through sex and drugs? Are we all happily married middle aged men with pot bellys, reliving our childhood games that we really couldnt afford to buy from Games Workshop as a diametric opposition to our nine to five jobs, white picket fences and comfortable bank accounts?' No wonder then that late at night we sit at our computers wearing black leather jackets, smoking cigarettes and staying up all night on speed just to play a simple pixel game. Where is the love we were promised. What would have happened in my rugby career if I hadn't blown my knees out. Is being 140kg as bad for my health as they say. In brief, is it possible to relate to a major shift in politics one of the most famous, aggressive, contradictory, and yet ephemeral phenomenon of British popular culture that is represented by Blood Bowl? And the answer to that is in C0ddlefishes pitch art... and the answer is a resounding yes.

Last edited by Happy_Amateur on Mar 10, 2020 - 12:14; edited 1 time in total
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. Writing art nonsense is actually more challenging than I thought! Good fun though. Thanks C0ddlefish.
Subs

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2020 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! Never read a logo forum thread so interesting and fun!
Good job Happy_Amateur and C0ddlefish!! :]
 Jump to: