48 coaches online • Server time: 16:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

mawph wrote:
So what you're intending to outlaw is two strength skills on a non-loner player. From what I'm now understanding, the rule is:

A special skill is the following:
1. An any table skill
2. A second skill on a player who already has a skill, where only players with "Loner" may chose two "S" skills.
NB: A player may chose one any table skill and a second normal skill, costing two "special skills".

Qn: Can a player use 3 special skills to get two anytable skills?

Correct
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mawph wrote:
Qn: Can a player use 3 special skills to get two anytable skills?

No, stacking two double skills are not allowed. Option b) allows you to pick a normal skill and All loners have Strength skill access.

I am hoping to get rid of this rule by next year by using the new piling on. But for now this is the status. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Smile
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like i did not understand this stacking thing correctly. And still do not understand.
1. Is it OK to have a General + Strength skill on a non loner player with General and Strength skill group access, and using only 1 special skill slot (and 1 normal skill slot)?
2. Is it OK to have a werewolf with block/mb and using 1 special skill slot (and 1 normal skill slot)?

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I played in the Danish Open last year, and I really like the ruleset. Yes it's complex, but 1100 + 6 normals gets boring fast, and this ruleset does a good job in making all tiers somewhat viable. Looking forward to meeting the winner in June. =)

Hmm, just saw the wording on the ruleset got a bit more... vague than last year.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %24, %2018 - %13:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Looks like i did not understand this stacking thing correctly. And still do not understand.
1. Is it OK to have a General + Strength skill on a non loner player with General and Strength skill group access, and using only 1 special skill slot (and 1 normal skill slot)?
2. Is it OK to have a werewolf with block/mb and using 1 special skill slot (and 1 normal skill slot)?

@ 1.
Yes.

@ 2.
No. The first skill may not be strength or mutation and the 2nd must be a normal skill.
mawph

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:
mawph wrote:
So what you're intending to outlaw is two strength skills on a non-loner player. From what I'm now understanding, the rule is:

A special skill is the following:
1. An any table skill
2. A second skill on a player who already has a skill, where only players with "S" access on a normal may chose two skills where one of them is a "S" skill.
NB: A player may chose one any table skill and a second normal skill, costing two "special skills" as long as one is not a "S" skill.
A player with the "loner" skill may use a "special skill" to select two "S" skills

Correct

Last edited by mawph on %b %24, %2018 - %13:%Apr; edited 4 times in total
mawph

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull was wrong. I was incorrect Wink
I've edited my previous above to that which I now believe to be correct.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so lets say a normal blitzer (orc, human, etc), cant take mb/guard, right?

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct. But he can take tackle mb for example.
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

*A special skill is either:

a) an anytable skill (gives the option to take a skill that would require a double roll on a skill up)

b) a normal skill on any player who has already taken a G, A or P skill (allows for a 2nd skill up on a player that has already picked a general, agility or passing skill. If the first skill was an any table pick to total cost is two special skills.)

c) an S skill on a Loner player who has already taken an S skill. (Opens the option to give two strength skills to loners. Loners can also pick a g, a or p skills as first skill at the cost of a special and then another strength skill at the cost of an additional special skill.)

I hope this makes it clear and will try hard to newer make something this troublesome again. Smile

Last edited by Tripleskull on %b %24, %2018 - %14:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I played in the Danish Open last year, and I really like the ruleset. Yes it's complex, but 1100 + 6 normals gets boring fast, and this ruleset does a good job in making all tiers somewhat viable. Looking forward to meeting the winner in June. =)

Hmm, just saw the wording on the ruleset got a bit more... vague than last year.

The introduction of stacking is new and has given us some difficulty. I assume this is what you are refering to?
Gartch

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:
*A special skill is either:

a) an anytable skill (gives the option to take a skill that would require a double roll on a skill up)

b) a normal skill on any player who has already taken a G, A or P skill (allows for a 2nd skill up on a player that has already picked a general, agility or passing skill. If the first skill was an any table pick to total cost is two special skills.)

c) an S skill on a Loner player who has already taken an S skill. (Opens the option to give two strength skills to loners. Loners can also pick a g, a or p skills as first skill at the cost of a special and then another strength skill at the cost of an additional special skill.)

I hope this makes it clear and will try hard to newer make something this troublesome again. Smile

Hi Tripleskull!
Thank you for your time explaining rules.

Worded as your message I quoted above it is clear.
But in the rules provided for the tournament:
https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Danish-Open-Online-2018.pdf
I could not find your b) and c) point

Maybe it should be added?
Strider84

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As aĺready mentioned that was a mistake from my side. Given the tournament has started now i will not adjust it. Also its effectively almost the same and when someone applied a wrongly skilled team i explained by pm.
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
As aĺready mentioned that was a mistake from my side. Given the tournament has started now i will not adjust it. Also its effectively almost the same and when someone applied a wrongly skilled team i explained by pm.

We both had a part in making this mistake but hopefully most people are now informed and no one will have experienced unnecessary restrictions unless they have misread and not asked about the rules. Smile
LarsEnvengger

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
But was not approved by the NAF as there should not be restrictions on specific skills which i think is a reasonable point.

I'm afraid I didn't understand that part so far. Does it mean the DO Online isn't NAF approved? Or the Danish Open itself?

What are consequences of that if NAF doesn't approve a part of the ruleset?
 Jump to: