35 coaches online • Server time: 11:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Apojar

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any plans to incorporate more ways for the "unofficial" teams to get games, other than hoping someone activates a non-SL league squad?

Or, is there a way that non-SL squads can play out of league matches with SL teams without getting a message that says something about being incompatible?

I suppose the same question can be asked for Bretonnians and Khorne.

I've been hoping to practice more with Simyin, but they're never able to get games.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Some LEAGUE DIVISION action can be had for Simyin and I think the same is now available for Khorne and Bretonnian.
AND that would be LEAGUE not SECRET LEAGUE which is a different Division.

AND there is a way to play CUSTOM TEAMS (or there used to be) but I forget what that is called. So I would assume you can do that IF someone else remembers what I am talking about AND it still exists.

AND... why wouldn't people play against your Simyin team. Simyin SUCK and if they don't get CAS lucky they should be easy to beat.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

There are plans.

Hopefully not too far in the future.

You can create a Simyin team (and the BB2016 teams) in Secret League. Wink

If you don't like playing vs Secret League teams then your only solution is to help recruit more coaches.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Some LEAGUE DIVISION action can be had for Simyin and I think the same is now available for Khorne and Bretonnian.
AND that would be LEAGUE not SECRET LEAGUE which is a different Division.

AND there is a way to play CUSTOM TEAMS (or there used to be) but I forget what that is called. So I would assume you can do that IF someone else remembers what I am talking about AND it still exists.

AND... why wouldn't people play against your Simyin team. Simyin SUCK and if they don't get CAS lucky they should be easy to beat.

Secret League Open is in the League division but you currently cannot play across rulesets as Apojar says.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2018 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I am right about using Simyin in League... not just Secret League... we have done it in the Northern Wastes League.
And as I understand it (but I am not sure that I am right) you can NOW use Khorne and Bretonnian in a... lets call it a STANDARD LEAGUE... like NWL which has been around for 30+ consecutive seasons.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 08, 2018 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is... The [L]eague division is not only about "leagues".

There is a lot of open play there. The league division as a whole now often does more business than the [B ]ox.

The problem Apojar is talking about is that it can be difficult to get open games in the league division because teams belong to different rulesets. e.g. STANDARD Simyin (ruleset 6) cannot play against Secret League Open Simyin (ruleset 303). Even though they are the same team using the same rules.
Gamefinder does not indicate which ruleset a team belongs to so coaches often accept illegal games. Their teams are then locked and an admin has to release them.

Christer has plans to help the situation.

In the meantime, having a R6 team and a R303 team increases the chances of getting a game.
Prefixing team names with a ruleset prefix e.g. [SL] reduces the chances of illegal game offers.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2018 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is... I STILL don't know or certain if I can offer Khorne and Brettonian teams in the League I am trying to run. Which is the only reason I am still posting in this thread except for 1st post where I offered SOME help, a BUMP and asked the same question I asked in all 3 posts.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 08, 2018 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
The thing is... I STILL don't know or certain if I can offer Khorne and Brettonian teams in the League I am trying to run. Which is the only reason I am still posting in this thread except for 1st post where I offered SOME help, a BUMP and asked the same question I asked in all 3 posts.

OK. Now we're getting somewhere. You didn't actually ask anything in your first two posts. You just said what you thought.

The simple answer is yes.

If it is a standard (R6) league the yes. They are on Ruleset 6. You can use them.

If you are using your own custom ruleset then you can add them.
You probably don't get them by adding 'competitive' rosters. But you can search for them by searching 'christer/___'.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2018 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBA have many moneky-boy teams!

Post   Posted: May 08, 2018 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Koadah.

As for the league. We only allow Rookie teams in. They can go dormant for a bit and RETURN if they don't play outside the league.

koadah wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

OK. Now we're getting somewhere. You didn't actually ask anything in your first two posts. You just said what you thought.

The simple answer is yes.

If it is a standard (R6) league the yes. They are on Ruleset 6. You can use them.

If you are using your own custom ruleset then you can add them.
You probably don't get them by adding 'competitive' rosters. But you can search for them by searching 'christer/___'.
 Jump to: