76 coaches online • Server time: 20:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
walkertullaris

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello fellow BB coaches (especially Norse Ones! Smile )

I was really lucky on my first skill roll on my starting thrower of my new Norse team and got an ag increase. Now the question is what shall i choose for second skill.
First skill for a Norse Thrower is normally Sure Hands followed my Accurate. But the ag4 changes things a bit since the thrower now picks the ball up at 2+.

What would you choose first Accurate or Sure Hands under these cercumstiances (barring another AG increase that is, double will be Strong Arm ofcourse).

Cheers!
walkertullaris
berna

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Accurate of course! With AG4 you are most likely to pick up the ball without problem and you could use Team-RR for that if the worst should happen. With Accurate you could make that long pass easier!
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

id go for safe throw. this is my favourite on elf throwers and with norse youd most likely have to throw over someones head (and mummies DO intercept!!)

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

sure hands all the same, it's a re roll saver and you'll get blitzed with strip ball player often i guess Mr. Green
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

accurate and safe throw in the order of your choice. I never pick sure hands for elven throwers.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with Sure Hands anyway, since you have plenty of uses for that Team Reroll other places, and the "1" allways shows up when attempting the "last turn Long Bomb to the Blitzer" (who must make 2 GFI where the Team reroll is also helpfull).

Besides, with +AG, Pass & Block, you have a Thrower who will survive for a long time, and make plenty of completions... so in line of order

Sure Hands
Accurate
Safe Throw
G_u_s

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

sure hands, then accurate. without accurate, you're still throwing short passes on a 3+ with RR, so no rush.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

1. sure hands or 2. safe throw on a normal skill roll; dodge on doubles but it depends on your playingstyle. you can use your rr better on failed gfi, the occasional double skull, failed dodges or failed - not recommended-2diceagainstblocks (vs rookie strengthteams like lizzards, chaos or orcs). norse are not that good at the long-passing game so you should not go for the long bombs. safety and ballcontroll is the way to play norse, thats why you should go fro sure hands or maybe safe throw. sure hands will help to save your rr and later on against the stripballer, safe throw helps to get the ball to the player you want against pass-blockers or lucky mummies. Dodge helps to keep your thrower alife as well as getting him into position, where u don't need the strong arm. Strong arm is for elvish pansis Wink not for true warriors.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand the reasoning behind sure hands for an AG4 thrower. It's just a reroll wheras accurate and safe throw brings something new. You can't reroll your opponents interception and accurate increases the success rate of a short pass from 8/9 to 35/36. Just make sure you haven't used the reroll earler in the turn when you pick up the ball. A norse will soon have plenty of rerolls anyway.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

just because you pick-up on a 2+ doesn't mean it succeeds automatically... PLUS, with AG4 and Sure Hands, you can seriously consider getting the ball in the middle of 1 or 2 TZ without problem.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

As i said in the subject i got another ag as second skill, man am i lucky...
But other wise it would have been sure hands, the opinion that i could start picking up in other players TZs made the deal
Markus

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

you should always make the safest and/or most likly successfull rolls at the beginning of your turn. with norse this is definitly moving w/o dodging, followed by blocking, ballrolls and normal dodges or other higher risk-rolls. without sure hands picking up the ball with ag4 has a successrate of 5/6. with sure hands it increases to 35/36 w/o using the rr or out of rr. so it's as likely as failing the 2db with norse. this way it's easier to get the ball into a controlled position w/o using the rr, so you can save the rr for higher risk-moves like dodging or gfi. aditionally sure hands negates strip ball. throwing with this passer has a successrate of 8/9 for short passes w/o tacklezones so the chances of not suffering a turnover is better with sure hands than with accurate. considering that a failed pass doesn't always lead to a turnover as a failed-pickup does, i take, especially on my elvish throwers, sure hands before accurate as i did with less experience. with norse the chance of failing a catch is even higher than with elfs, so you shouldn't pass the ball that much and/or that far. as third skill i would definitly recommend accurate or safe throw, if you don't easily get safe passinglanes. that's just my oppinion, tinkywinkys argument (accurate increases the successrate) gets much better if you take long bombs with accurate into consideration because it increases the chances of success form 5/9 to 3/4. but if you want to play the passing game, why play norse?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Markus wrote:
you should always make the safest and/or most likly successfull rolls at the beginning of your turn. with norse this is definitly moving w/o dodging, followed by blocking, ballrolls and normal dodges or other higher risk-rolls. without sure hands picking up the ball with ag4 has a successrate of 5/6. with sure hands it increases to 35/36 w/o using the rr or out of rr. so it's as likely as failing the 2db with norse. this way it's easier to get the ball into a controlled position w/o using the rr, so you can save the rr for higher risk-moves like dodging or gfi. aditionally sure hands negates strip ball. throwing with this passer has a successrate of 8/9 for short passes w/o tacklezones so the chances of not suffering a turnover is better with sure hands than with accurate. considering that a failed pass doesn't always lead to a turnover as a failed-pickup does, i take, especially on my elvish throwers, sure hands before accurate as i did with less experience. with norse the chance of failing a catch is even higher than with elfs, so you shouldn't pass the ball that much and/or that far. as third skill i would definitly recommend accurate or safe throw, if you don't easily get safe passinglanes. that's just my oppinion, tinkywinkys argument (accurate increases the successrate) gets much better if you take long bombs with accurate into consideration because it increases the chances of success form 5/9 to 3/4. but if you want to play the passing game, why play norse?

Amen.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Petter wrote:
Markus wrote:

Amen.

I second that take this dudes advice he is the bearer of knowlwdge obviously
 Jump to: