47 coaches online • Server time: 14:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: May 01, 2018 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone told me that it is somehow possible to transfer existing L teams to a new ruleset. Is this possible and if so how it is done?

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Calthor

Post   Posted: May 01, 2018 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure that's not possible.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 01, 2018 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, please, please!

Post   Posted: May 01, 2018 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So it is on Christer's todo-list I see. Other way to do this is to create a custom roster for every team currently in the league, make every player on the team and add skills, cost etc. Man that is a chore for 20 teams and I won't go that way.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 01, 2018 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be awesome for the North American league scene, that's for sure!

Post   Posted: May 01, 2018 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
So it is on Christer's todo-list I see. Other way to do this is to create a custom roster for every team currently in the league, make every player on the team and add skills, cost etc. Man that is a chore for 20 teams and I won't go that way.

My league, DLE went through this. Not 20, but 32 teams. Also all 'races' have separate color schemes with custom icons. So it is doable, but significant effort.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2018 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

SSL will go custom once we can transfer our active teams over. Custom star players, roster tweaks, fireballs back in, maybe even extra rosters, no more triple-checking the tournament settings, woohoo.

But yeah, functional enough without that for now. Started this way, after all.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2018 - 11:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, I'm still planning to get this feature implemented.. My dev time has been distracted by GDPR and a "forced" migration of my development platform to another operating system (Mac -> Windows).

I have a plan for how to do it from a technical perspective, but need to take the time to get it done. The dev migration has unfortunately been relatively time-consuming.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 02, 2018 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ Great stuff! Mr. Green

Is there an advantage in releasing step 1 first? i.e. moving teams onto a ruleset/league. Especially from ruleset 6.

How does it actually work? Currently a team appears to be attached to a league. If a league moves rulesets all the teams move with it. Is that true? Will that change?

Will there be an indicator against a team so that commishes can tell whether a team is native to the league/ruleset?

Will commishes have to accept teams as we do now for groups?

Thanks

Post   Posted: May 02, 2018 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just the mentioning of this thing still in the pipe line made my week!
Christer

Post   Posted: May 02, 2018 - 16:12
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
(lots of questions)

This is why it takes time Razz

Conceptually, I'll make it so that leagues can enable "importing" of teams, and then have the ability to run teams through a conversion process if necessary (race -> new race, positional -> new positional to begin with)

Currently, when you enable a group to having a ruleset, nothing really changes with existing teams, they're still connected to the ruleset they were created in.

Another aspect I need to deal with is how to make sure people's teams can't be hijacked (or having teams forcing themselves into groups that don't want them), so there's some UI needed to deal with that process as well.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 02, 2018 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Many thanks, Christer. Sorry to be so impatient. Smile

I guess what I wondering is there a way to suck in those bog-standard ruleset 6 teams early. i.e. teams that use the same rosters that you already have and don't need converting.
Without waiting for all that clever converting stuff.

But hey, if we gotta wait, we gotta wait.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2018 - 18:45
FUMBBL Staff

You gotta wait.

I simply have things I need to resolve first. Fixing my dev environment to be able to do changes at all is a good start, then I need to finish some GDPR preparations, which will cover me for this month.
 Jump to: