36 coaches online • Server time: 13:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
morehouse

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this would be a good place to bring up that it has been brought to my attention lately that there are quite a few people in ranked playing the same person way too frequently.

We all know that the "One in Ten" rule has always been somewhat loose, but come on now... the same guy 4 times in 5 games or 3 times in 4 games (real examples I have seen just today) is just blatantly cheating.

Especially be wary of doing this if you are planning on entering the major next week. If an offender has the misfourtune of drawing my orcs with some team they pimped out playing the same av7 elves 6 times in a row... please trust that they will recieve an hour and a half of mockery and abuse to go with their loss.

Come on guys, we can do better. Smile
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to say that shouldn't such offenders have their team banned rather than just some mockery really? If you have examples, that you aren't exaggerating, let the admin know directly. However I noticed that this rule isn't on the fumbbl rules page.
Though there is this
"Playing most games within a closed group of players is considered a league, regardless of which division you play in. If you want to play mostly among your friends, make teams in the [L]eague division for this purpose."
There is also a related rule on not arranging to play to lose.

And personal abuse is also against the rules Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:ranked

Playing the same opponent too often

Due to the ranking structure, coaches are expected to play a variety of different coaches. Do not use this division to play amongst a close group of friends. The accepted benchmark for this division is 1 in 10 games played vs the same coach. Both teams need to have played a different team before playing again. If you would like to play repeated consecutive games against the same coach/team, you should create your teams in the League division.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

such teams are often banned form majors.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

:popcorn:

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it really that many people? Are they really pimping Majors teams?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Name and shame?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Is it really that many people? Are they really pimping Majors teams?

Well I found four during a few minutes of looking around after discussing it with another community member. Two of the teams were in the last major, not sure their intentions for the next one.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with morehouse that playing against the same coach too often may give some benefits to coaches putting the last finishing touches on their teams before a Major.
My solution is playing only in Black Box.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %10, %2018 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Report that badness.

IDC if somebody accidentally slips in 2 games back to back with the same teams, once. In 1094 Ranked games, I've done that. (The two games were more than a month apart, and we'd both played several games with other teams; we'd forgotten that we played each other last with those teams.) Likewise, a little fast-and-loose play with the 10% rule is unavoidable if you play in the small hours; there just aren't enough coaches to be a stickler about going 10 games all the time. But if you're not even trying, or worse, if you're actively gaming to play the same opponent over and over, you're asking for a tourney ban. Or a retired team, even.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

searched around to see if I could find anyone violating the rule. Couldn't find anyone.

Closest I got was a guy who regularly played another in Box.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well let's not name and shame.

The bottom line is that unfortunately it does happen. If it's reported, it's dealt with.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I play with myself every day, but not on Fumbll.

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
morehouse

Post   Posted: May 11, 2018 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

After a couple conversations today I'm pretty satisfied that the admins are on this and that it won't be a factor in the upcoming major. Good job guys.
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: May 13, 2018 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the problem with it. Blackbox has the random factor and ranked... just add a blocking feature that you can't play the same opponent twice in a row, can't be that hard to implement. You will get a message saying "you can't play the same opponent twice in a row" when trying to start the java client.

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
 Jump to: