59 coaches online • Server time: 20:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Two rules to this thread:

1. Keep analogies to other religions to a minimum if you can't help but use one or a few as a platform for what you don't believe.

2. This is about personal relationships with Nuffle. There is no Nuffle worship that is wrong. Some of it might be different, strange, uncouth, ugly, smelly, foul, disturbing, regenerating, tentacled etc etc. Try not to criticize beliefs of your fellow coach in childish ways and be eager to point out aspects of one another's faith that you like.

Alrighty.

12 Mighty Right Truths:

1. I do not pretend to know his will
2. I accept his will no matter what
3. This doesn't mean I don't cry out in pain when his divine hand touches me.
4. But his will is not good or evil, it just is.
5. So by having faith in his will, the test of any game is not the outcome but how we handle the demonstration of his will in the course of the game.
6. To believe in Nuffle's favor is to discredit your agency in his game and to be faithless in his will.
7. The favor of Nuffle is in allowing you to play his game.
8. So we honor him by playing his game when we can.
9. He knows when we are enthusiastically worshiping him.
10. He also knows when we blame his will for our pain.
11. In understanding the world through this relationship with Nuffle, you can achieve contentment.
12. That said, Snaked GFIs and Quad Skulls, among many other things that drive you wild are just a reminder of who is running the show.

You don't have to use this as a template either. If you want to freeform thought your relationship go for it. Not everything has to be an article of faith. I'll get deeper into the MRTs and their basis after a few others have posted.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
9. He knows...

Well, this HE is a SHE and SHE is a bitch and reacts in a surprisingly positive way to insults.

That's all i know.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha, i never considered a gender aspect before. Interesting. I also call everyone dude so...
gpope

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowd surfing is the most holy act of devotion Nuffle knows, and those that forsake chances to show their devotion will soon find themselves forsaken by Nuffle.
LordPetru

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Im an Atheist. Nuffle doesn't exist.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

HE OWNS MY SOUL

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

gpope wrote:
Crowd surfing is the most holy act of devotion Nuffle knows, and those that forsake chances to show their devotion will soon find themselves forsaken by Nuffle.

Nuffle is a crowd pleaser it seems Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I am agnostic. I don't think nuffle really exists but I can't prove that to anybody or myself. So I would never cuss and certainly would never be blasphemous towards nuffle. My hunch is that if nuffle really does exist, he/she/it goes by many other names in differing games.
thoralf

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is Evil.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Using a pseudo random number generator, you will never really know the full force of Nuffle's wrath. If you roll 5000 dice, one of the possibilities is that you will roll 5000 1's (and this is just as likely as any of the other possible outcomes). Yet, how often will this happen with a PRNG? Probably never. We design our generators in such a way that they give us a more even distribution, because this is what we think randomness is.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuffle is a mirage of collective imagination. Is an image ever real?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Nuffle is a mirage of collective imagination. Is an image ever real?

Yes? But you raise an interesting question that I often ponder with regard to photographs.

Personally I don't like photographs, one because I dated a photographer and they're kind insufferable about seeing themselves in a photographer identity and two, because they represent a specific memory or interpretation of a memory that is often devoid of context. A photograph, to me, is an accurate but context devoid piece of art - this can be used to great affect in photo journalism where some harrowing event is captured in riveting detail but on a personal level, I don't need em.

But to loop this back - the image is real in that it exists and it tangible visually and by touch, but the subject matter lacks the entirety of what is being shown.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That is also valid, but my point was directed at conflict between objective truth versus perception. Is perception reality? Or is it not cause it is fallible?

Lets say you stay in water. Both legs move separately. Then you put your hands into the water, and perform some movements. What would a fish perceive? Would it likely assume there are 4 different animals?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
That is also valid, but my point was directed at conflict between objective truth versus perception. Is perception reality? Or is it not cause it is fallible?

Lets say you stay in water. Both legs move separately. Then you put your hands into the water, and perform some movements. What would a fish perceive? Would it likely assume there are 4 different animals?

Well it's hard for us to break out of empiricism and accept there are truths we don't even know exist because of our limited perception. One could argue that it's not worth chasing down these truths if we can't perceive them but then I ask, isn't the realm of science, reason and some philosophical modes pursuing those unknown truths? And even more subtle, is the process of discovering those truths and creating the framework to do so a valuable task unto itself?
SerenadeOfSorrow

Post   Posted: May 12, 2018 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

nuffle and I have a complicated relationship I worship him in his true form the architect of fate , the engineer of time, the great mutator tzeentch they are one and the same , I used to moan about dice I used to rage etc but when you come to realise its all part of his great plan the dice no longer matter win or lose score or cas your sending tiny little bits of worship his way everytime you accept and play a game .
 Jump to: