42 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Albemouff

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my oldest active team and i would like to keep playing it, but it's becoming harder and harder. They leave every game with less players than they started with, and i feel like all the crippled players aren't helping with the V/D ratio.

Their FF is decreasing a lot too.

What could i do ?

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=624512

Thanks for any advice !

(oh, and i have 2 unused healing potions, just in case...)

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say you need to get your team value down.

Lots of injuries there, but some nice players too, and not all the injuries are equally significant.

Fire Jasmin and (especially!) Gideon. Clear your MNGs then get some fresh linemen.

That would be my advice.

I'd also revoke APO privileges for Penny and Ronnie, but I don't think they drag you down enough that you need to proactively fire them - the way you've built them suggest to me that you know what you're doing and have them working as role players. If so, good on you! (All the same though, I don't think I'd have taken Thick Skull myself.)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!
Honestly retiring the team and starting a new one would be the best solution, but I guess you like the name/logo/fluff etc. so, let's talk about the TV trim:

Blitzer 1: should be fired asap; remember that Human Blitzers want Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle as their core skills (with the exceptions of double and stats of course);
Blitzer 2: fire;
Blitzer 4: why Juggernaut and not Mighty Blow?! I see the synergy with Strip Ball, but Mighty Blow is more often useful and at the TV the team is almost every opponent will have a Sure Hands ball carrier;
Ogre: fire him, he has MA 4 and no Block;
Lineman 12: fire him;
Lineman 15: fire him, he made my eyes bleed!

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %14, %2018 - %19:%May; edited 2 times in total
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it worse to have two dubious Blitzers than to be missing two Blitzers though?

I agree those two should be replaced when funds permit but it doesn't look like the treasury is there for it right now.

Last edited by ArthurWynne on %b %14, %2018 - %18:%May; edited 2 times in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
Is it worse to have two dubious Blitzers than to be missing two Blitzers though?

I agree those two should be replaced when funds permit but it doesn't look like the treasury is there for it right now.

It's better to have an efficient team closer to his TV sweetspot.

As an aside, lack of a Catcher with a Thrower is weird.
Having at least 1 may grant 1TTD option for 60 TV.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess. I'm more used to thinking in League terms so I dont' consider things like TV sweetspotting as much. Just "is it better to have this player or not, and can they be replaced with a fresh rookie/journeyman?". That's also why I didn't suggest firing the Ogre. He's really bloaty but he's still ST6 Guard Stand Firm and the team can't afford to replace him, so it seemed reasonable to keep him around as a linebacker. Ogres often don't move much anyway.

But from a TV efficiency perspective it's another matter.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If you must keep the team, fire every injured player. Everyone but #3, #4, #5, and #10 must go. I'd consider firing #4 and building a new one with MB, but I could see keeping him for now. Then hire a blitzer, and save up for more players. That reduces your TV to 1180k. That team is fairly nasty at 1180k.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitzer 1 or 2 should go immediately. Followed by the other when there are funds.
Skill selection on them is suspect too. Give one Mighty Blow/Tackle to blitz or Guard to help out in the blocking positional battle...eventually all 3 on most if not all Blitzers.

I'd keep the Ogre until you sort out the others.

Dump Gideon and Jasmin. They are liabilities.

Only alternative I see is buying the catcher to give yourself a 1T option and keeping one of the blitzers to dump for another game or 2. Still, both need to go.

Personally, I fire Ronnie first as guard still has its uses even with -av.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire the injured players and rebuild with journeymen for a while Smile
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

fire all the injured players. Hire journeymen that get skilled, and positionals.

it can be done.

norse can bounce back, and so have humans from an *entire* retired/killed team.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd sack every single injured player apart from the ogre and I'd consider sacking him too to get the tv down far enough to rebuild properly.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I would fire every injured player and hire two linemen. That will give you 6 healthy players plus journeymen. Claim the tenacious Fumbbl badge.

If you feel like that is too many loners to manage, temporarily keep numbers 2 and 16 but replace them as soon as you can. No Apo for any gimps or loners.

Be glad journeymen are available. It was once much harder to recover.
Loew

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't be that radical..I would basically do what ArthurWynne suggested. Get rid of the -AV player, look at the other injuries and consider if the player still contribute enough to the team... for me the Ogre and the +STR lineman are still good enough as roadblocks and cornerstones.
The -MA players have to go eventually...i think I would bin Trevor now, too.

I would buy a catcher for the fast play options.

fan factor isn't that important any more...in fact, low ff helps you a bit by holding the TV down
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 21:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Diagnosis: major surgery required.

How I'd do it.

To go now:
1, 2, 7, 11, 12, 15 and 16

To go once back to 8 +loners, in order:
(7, if you didnt already)
(16, if you didnt already)

And rebuild from there. Sometimes it is best to cut everything off at once and rebuild from the ground with the added cash that will bring in.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %14, %2018 - %21:%May; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i will take those potions off you, 20$ each, good sir

Jump to: