30 coaches online • Server time: 01:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barash

Post   Posted: May 05, 2003 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogopogo is no longer in the list of our group of 20 players.. did he step out by accident? or he just left without saying a word?

Both Artagas and me are waiting for a game vs him.. but with him no longer there, this will be a long wait I think.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i´m not wondering anymore about "long term League"...

One game a week isn´t too much, wouldn´t you think... and of course it´s the same as always: sometimes you loose and the other time your opponent wins Smile.

But luck WILL turn! Keep playing, keep going, try your best. Out of 20 teams only one can win.

To whom am I talking to anyway, the guys who left will not read it.

TamperM: It would at least be nice toknow if there are replacement and when normal league playing will be possible again, cause I want to finish the season.

Sinner
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

League is still suspended pending new coaches. Anyone managed to persuade any yet?

Alternatively, the league will be re-structured, with only the coaches who REALLY want to continue playing in it. If you REALLY want to continue, post in this topic saying-so, and I will alter it so we can continue in peace Smile It'll be a bit of hassle to do so, but I'll manage.
Artagas

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we shouldnt wait any more. Tampers suggestion of restructuring is the most reasonable.

The way I imagine it: everybody who wants to quit leaves the group right now, so we know whom we are left with. Than we simply declare the games played against the coaches who left void. Yes, this is tough on the coaches who won again them, but still, there is no better way unless you want to wait weeks for new coaches, which in my opinion would kill this league. Then we just simply finish according to original schedule, skipping the games vs leaving coaches. Teams who are a game down cause of that, could play a friendly to catch up in tr if they want to do that (and can arrange it quickly!Smile
I realize this would result in some divisions having more teams than others, so i suggest instead of 1 team advancing from each division it should be the first 2 teams of the conference advancing to the semi finals, so it is more balanced (it still can happen, that one conference have 7 teams for example and the other has 8, but that is not as bad as some divisions having 3 while others having 5 teams, which would make it lot easier for some teams to make the semis than it is for others). Also, if the confs dont have an equal number of teams, the last round would become very very difficult to manage, i think we should simply skip it in this case.

Artagas

p.s.: i understand if people quit. i understand if they have more important things than bb, i do as well. but...ogopogo logged on like 10 times since my first pm, and he never spent 3 minutes on briefly answering it. that i dont understand.
Barash

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Artagas wrote:
everybody who wants to quit leaves the group right now, so we know whom we are left with.

I like that idea. That leaves us with serious players who really want to do the wild thing. I mean... the real long lasting league!

I don't mind to reorganize the whole league or continue with the current standings. I think it would be fair to have low tr teams to play some easy games to catch up in str and tr.
I think our wise league leader: Tamper Magnitude will select the best option available. He has my vote!

Tamper can also decide to start the league again from scratch; I'm fine with that as well (although I will miss my team)

The most important thing is to get this league working with a team of enthusiast coaches who want to do this long lasting League.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, all in favour of that. I'd like us to keep our teams though.

OK, we'll restructure the league. Anyone who wants to get out can say so now. We'll re-start the league 12th May, anyone who hasnt posted in here that they want to leave or stay by Thursday night (8th May) will be removed anyway. That will leave us with the core of coaches that want to stay. Then I'll spend the weekend doing the new schedules and publish next Monday.

Spread the word!! I'll also be open to ideas about the structure of the new league, may be an idea to split into 2 rather than 4 groups.
Barash

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

eh.. let me think a sec.. YEAH I WANT IN!

Maybe the best choice is to reset the championship points we got so far? Else it is a bit said for coaches who have a bad record and some injuries with their team as well. This will only encourage coaches to continue...

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

yihaaa, at least some serious games to play!

I´m on! May doom come over those who leave. Wuahahahaha.

Smile
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll stay in. I won't give up just coz I suck.

The SR Coneheads are here to stay!
erwinhightrain

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you will need someone to beat up in this league. My skaven are up to that challenge and I think that I am as well.

Long Term---now to mean more than three or four weeks---I just don't understand Laughing
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

im really sorry but im going to have to drop out i dont want to carry on and disapoint people later. Thank you for putting on such a good league, but unfourtunatly i was too nieve to see that my exams got in the way im very sorry for wasting peoples time, good luck to all of you with the rest of the league
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, after a bit of discussion, it has been decided that we wil reset the points and restart the league. The exact format will have to be decided once we have the final number of coaches.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

after giving the matter careful thought and consideration, i have also decided to bow out of the league, i am doing my GCSE's as well, and so will not have as much free time as i would have.
this would result in games at extremelly random intervals, and so some games may not get played on time, spoiling the enjoyment for all involved.
this does not mean that i am a bad loser, or that i simply couldnt take the pressure, i enjoyed my time in the league very much, and i would like to take part in leagues in the future.
when i joined the league i had not forseen the pressure and strain my exams would put me under, and so coould have avoided much heartwrench and discomfert for all.
if it is possible, i would very much like to re-join the league in the future (2-3 months) as i am sure so would SpIkEdDeAmOn and ogopogo once the pressures of the exams are over, it would be possible to re-join with the same teams as a punishment if you would let us.
So i am afraid the time has come for our ways to part, so lang, and good luck to all of those remaining in the Wastelands superleague, and i hope to meet some of you on the field at some time in the future, good night!
Chappy

Post   Posted: May 07, 2003 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in!
dorf

Post   Posted: May 07, 2003 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you gotta have someone to kick around...so count me in also. Being on the bottom is my favorite position.

Are we keeping the same teams or starting the teams from scratch also?

Long live Lean Green and Mean

Hoohaa
 Jump to: