42 coaches online • Server time: 12:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wex

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcing the Secret Wastes League, also known as ShhhWL. With Season LXVIII underway, the powers that be are looking for new and exciting ways to pull in advertising revenue. They met to discuss methods of continuing the expansion of the SWL, and this venture was born out of that meeting! With the expanded and far more varied teams now emerging to meet on the pitch in the so called "Secret League" comes the ShhhWL, here to take over the underground Blood Bowl scene. Shhh. You didn't hear it from me.

The League
Any player may apply for the league. For the inaugural season the format would consist of several conferences, and then a small playoff bracket to name the first champion. The size and number of the conferences would be determined by the number of players. As this is intended to run concurrently with the SWL, rounds are more spread apart, with each season expected to run for five rounds, with about 10 days for each round.

If interest stays high I would then like to run it alongside every SWL season, using the same format as SWL for prem, conf, reggies etc.

Drafting information can be found on the group page. To simplify: LRB6 + Secret League teams, with Daemons of Khorne, Von Carstein, and Half-Orcs banned. Three tiers of teams, with Tier 1 being the "best" rated teams. If you want a Tier 1 team, your draw from the draft list will be random, and you must include at least one Tier 3 team and one Tier 2 team per Tier 1 team on your list.

If anyone has queries, feel free to PM me (Wex) or ask me on the SWL Discord.

Post-Amble
This league is all hush-hush like, with none of that official blessings or whatnot. We got some of them on the down-low, but this is an underground league. Stay quiet, stay secret.

The first rule of Secret Wastes League is: Don't talk about Secret Wastes League to the admins or their snoops.

For the unaware, this is an Oceanic league (GMT+7 to GMT+13), centered on GMT+11)

Anyone with any suggestions feel free to add them below or PM them to me. Volunteers to help run the league are also welcome.

Players
Currently looking for players. Hope to have at least 12, but with a minimum of 6 players for the draw. PM me to indicate interest.

Inaugural Season
I will make the draw on the 10th of April, Monday evening SWL. Deadlines will be:

Round 1: 1st May
Round 2: 11th May
Round 3: 21st May
Round 4: 31st May
Round 5: 11th April

Last edited by Wex on Apr 06, 2017 - 13:24; edited 1 time in total
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

BigBullies nods in your direction from across the street signalling his interest in this secret of yours

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Wink is as good as a nudge.
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2017 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Gets up from the park bench leaving behind a bulging newspaper.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

/me checks to see if this is still monitored.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I won and they all quit XD
 Jump to: