45 coaches online • Server time: 10:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JmBeers

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

All of the "Big Guy" star players that can be inducted do not have their negative trait. Even the Trees lose take root and the vamps lose Bloodlust. This got me thinking, What if you could skill past a neg trait? I was thinking something like rolling a 10 you could have a skill called team player, cancel out loner or just a delete loner option. Then for an 11+ you could have a skill like star player, cancel out all negative traits except for loner on this player, (or just delete again).

Would any of you be tempted cancel a skill out or would you simply take the double 5's and pick a db skill or take the ST+ every time? I for one would drop the neg-trait almost every time. Big Guys excluding the ogres and vamps never have a need for an 11 and this could generate some interesting build options for mostly generic bland players. The skills would still add 30K and 40K to the players value.
dolphinandrew

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

There was an iteration of the (tabletop) rules for big guys that let you get rid of the nega-trait on doubles (including vamp's bloodlust). I guess it was decided that it was too good.
Irgy

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure I would choose to dump a negatrait even if I could only do it on a double-6.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 11:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
Pretty sure I would choose to dump a negatrait even if I could only do it on a double-6.

Me too. I think it’s an option sorely missing in the current rules and makes Bigs a liability rather than the dominant powerhouses they used to be.

The original Big Guy rules (3rd edition compendium) allowed removal on a double, but under those rules they also skilled at half the speed of regular players (first skill at 11spp)

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: