14 coaches online • Server time: 05:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
denthegod

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I have been playing the PS4 version of this game for about a month now. I have always looked at TV and the only thing I equate the number to is whether the other team is better than mine or not.

Now that I have played my Vampires team for a while they are at around the 1900 TV range and are starting to get hit with spiraling expenses. I read up how spiraling expenses work and I understand why it is in the rules.

My question is this: When it comes to TV what is the range of it? What is considered low TV and what is considered high TV? I'm guessing anywhere around 1000 is low but where does 1900 hundred fall? I see the spiraling expenses but I also see other teams with over 2000 TV and it seems like they're not too concerned with spiraling expenses either. Is there a point where I should be worried about it or should I avoid it at all costs? At 1900 TV I think I'm getting hit with 20k. Is that like the middle of the TV scale?

If someone can shed some light on this for me I'd appreciate it as I don't know how long I should keep my guys and when I should drop them when they start becoming too expensive.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

basically spiraling expenses started at 175TV and went up by 10K each 15 TV so:
175 to 189 = 10K
190 to 204 = 20K
205 to 219 = 30k
220 to 234 = 40k
235 to 249 = 50K
250 to 264 = 60K

and so on. Where you want to sit depends a bit on the tournament you're in or where the team is playing. Note that FUMBBL now uses Expensive Mistakes rather than Spiralling Expenses
Weresquid

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Like he said, what TV is too high depends on your team and what kind of tourney or league you're in. That being said, TVs around 2000 or a bit above is generally the very high end for most teams.

Dont concern yourself too much with spiralling expenses, having skilled players is more important that earning lots of cash. The only exception I can think of is if some of your expensive players get hurt (but not killed) the bar for firing them should be a lot lower, since keeping them on the team actually increases the time it takes before you can afford a replacement.
denthegod

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the explanation, guys.

@weresquid that bit you said about having skilled players is more important than earning lots of cash really put my mind at ease. I do understand why the spiraling expenses are in there though. It makes sense to help keep a balance to the game.
Weresquid

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats how I think about it. The expensive mistakes rule follows the same point, as does the bank rule if you know that one. Generally the designers just want you to not build enormous treasuries and spend all your cash to get an edge in finals and other impoortant matches.
 Jump to: