48 coaches online • Server time: 20:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Blodge Guard CW dbls
Diving Tackle - This appeals to me most, but I do have two
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Stand Firm - My previous non-dbl planned skill
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Tackle - Team only has two, but feels like the wrong player for it
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Mighty Blow - Start another killstack at star?
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Mutation - Convince me.
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Beleg Goreshower from the Chaos Waste Crushers just reached Star and rolled dbl 4s. My non-dbl skill would have been Stand Firm (to provide some insurance vs. OTS teams that rely on a push, as I currently 'only' have 3 Stand Firm players).

But with a double roll...I'm not sure. The only double skill that really tempts me is Diving Tackle, but I do have two of them already. And although awesome vs. AG3 teams, it doesn't seem that effective vs. AG4 dodge teams.

So, take DT, or ignore the dbls and take SF or some other skill? Thanks.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not take sidestep over diving tackle ? you were planning on taking stand firm but sidestep isn't countered by juggernaut.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

sidestep, because he's got guard
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

asteflix wrote:
Why not take sidestep over diving tackle ? you were planning on taking stand firm but sidestep isn't countered by juggernaut.

Stand Firm is only cancelled by Juggs on a blitz, while side step is countered by grab, which seems to be the more common skill.

SF is also the cheaper skill, so if choosing between the two I'd go for SF.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont really see an AP skill that would give more than your choice of tackle, SF or MB.
For dt I would want tackle, although you already have two and both without tackle. If you want to go that route, maybe try tentacles. Stick dt on AG3 and tents on elves. At least you stay on your feet if they do break.
But for now, I would skip the double and chose according to what you need against Nachtogen right now. There seems to be some dodge so probably tackle.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

DT is awesome, and goes well with blodge on a St4 player. To finish that build, add Stand firm and or Tackle.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Diving Tackle or Side Step, if you want to use the double.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire. He failed you by not rolling stat. Eat pie to expiate.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Stand Firm is only cancelled by Juggs on a blitz, while side step is countered by grab, which seems to be the more common skill.

Really? I hardly ever see grab outside of treemen and occasionally super-developed dwarf blockers, juggs shows up occasionally on pretty much every other big guy and also sometimes gets given to players with frenzy or strip ball. If I'm looking for e.g. surf protection I'd worry a lot more about stand firm getting canceled.

That said, he's MA5 so sending him to the sidelines is probably not Plan A to begin with. I'd be tempted to take SF just to keep him lean.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Another option is taking Leader.
Maybe followed by the opportunity to go down to 3 regular RRs.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

gpope wrote:

Really? I hardly ever see grab outside of treemen and occasionally super-developed dwarf blockers

Here's a few players outside your norm that take grab, and the reasons behind why

Skaven Lineman - Grab helps on one turns, allowing for no blitz one turns, or allowing to control a push against a side stepper on the LOS. Storm Vermin tend to want other skills before Grab, and Frenzy tends to fit them better, so Grab almost needs to be taken as a double elsewhere. Think I have grab line rats on 3 of my 4 skaven teams in ranked.

Flesh Golem - Similar to above, helps on one turners, where wolves tend to want to blitz in. It also helps to set up fouls against key pieces.

Troll - I prefer passive skills on bigs when I can, but once something is pinned to this troll, I want them staying there. The hope is this guy lives to legend and rolls doubles for tentacles, but you get the idea. Similarly, Beasts of Nurgle take Grab for the exact same reason.

Yeah, you don't see grab as often, but it fits well on a lot more than just trees and dorfs.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

TEN_TACKLES

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I never actually made a case for any skill.

Give him DT. You can honestly never have enough, and it gets overlooked more regularly on bash teams than on any other roster. Against agility teams, and maybe even the tweeners, you might get one or two activations a game because someone forgot to mark DT, or forgot it was marked. You'd have three of them, which makes it even harder to remember.

That's not the reason to take it though. You have two already, but only one of them is ST4. Your ST3 is more easily dealt with. But, having a second at ST4, you'll be able to set up edges, and creat more lock down against teams with lesser strength, and let's face it, nearly anyone has less strength than chaos/nurgle. Against bash, this is probably another wasted skill, but lets face it, any skill you take will have lesser returns against half your opponents than it will against the other half.

You want to be able to control the pitch until you've slaughtered enough opposing players that positioning no longer matters. Diving Tackle will probably help you do that the most right now.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Side Step like there's no tomorrow

uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MB then SF, he needs to be dangerous as well as annoying.
 Jump to: