35 coaches online • Server time: 13:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2018 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you excited about the FIFA world cup? But still rather wanna play Blood Bowl in the evenings? Because, well, it's Blood Bowl and it's way better than football!
Then I have the perfect event for you:

NAFifa World Cup 2018

Represent your nation in an everyone can join format where the 4 best results of every nation count towards the ranking and the best 4 players of the best 4 nations will battle it out for the NAFifa World Championship 2018! Even more, since this is a World cup, we're using the recently published rules from the 4th Blood Bowl World Cup 2019 in Dornbirn, Austria!

• Winner will get bragging rights, and maybe a T-shirt of the Thornpear Valleyshockers. But hey, it's all about bragging rights anyways!
  • We are using the official 4th Blood Bowl World Cup 2019 in Dornbirn rules with 4 tiers with the 3 days split over 6 games.
  • There are 6 rounds of Swiss in groups of around 30, top 4 nations qualify for the playoff
  • Please state the nation you are playing for in your Bio (as well as your NAF number), Nations according to FIFA rules
  • Round 1 will start at 22:00 CET (Fumbbl BB-Time) on Monday, 18.6.18
  • Create your team here and apply it to the Online NAF group

All details are available in the NAFifa World Cup 2018 Rulespack
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2018 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Here a quick Walkthrough on how to best create your team:

https://youtu.be/sxdiZczZIb0

Last edited by Strider84 on Jun 08, 2018 - 21:49; edited 1 time in total
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2018 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Since there have already been some questions answered in my blog comments here they are as well:

So, lets say someone is no1 after the swiss, but does not make the cut if his nation is not top4? Am i reading this right?

=> Correct

Will the new stars be available?

=> I have the teams from Adams naf aug 17 rosters. More details u can find in this forum post: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=29738&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Can we spend more cash on the starting roster, or are we stuck with 1100?

=> You can spend more, but not less. So you cant have 11 linebeards with all guard mb, but you can have a deathroller in the team up to 1160 but no skills in the first round

Also, I looked at Adam's list of stars and I'm a bit confused. As a more simple question - can we hire Karla Von Kill in the NAFifa?

=> You get the most World Cup compliance with those rosters. All the new stars are available, but without icons despite my long ago campaign for them (See Forum/Customisation/BB2016 Icon Project). I know many groups around making icons regularly but we could not manage to make those handful official ones. I think it is sad but whatever. So you get Karla von Kill, yes.

Here are the rosters:
https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=7

Read the World cup rules, design your team according to that without spending more or setting other skills than is allowed to your tier and remember to only buy those inducements which you picked when you play.

One extra thing: I resolve stat upgrades by hand so contact me if you want stat upgrade for your team.
Posted by SzieberthAdam on 2018-06-06 18:37:19
I forgot to mention that due to FUMBBL limitations, Swoop skill missing for Goblin Doom Diver and was replaced with Sure Feet, Pro; also Monstrous Mouth is unavailable for Guffle Pusmaw and was replaced with Sure Hands, Catch. Also, Swift reaction is not working for the Swift twins (would loose Loner if the other got injured).
Posted by jonno on 2018-06-07 09:39:15
I'm a bit confused about the "skill slot available" part... Or maybe not.

So a tier 1 team has 40k available for day 2, but can only pick one normal or one double skill(if this wasn't picked for day 1)?

=> They can pick 2 normals or 1 double if not yet picked (while wasting 10k)

Then I don't understand this. "Day 2: 1 normal 2 double"

=> Tier 4 get 70k on Day 2, so they could take 3 normals, 2 normals and a double, or 2 doubles and a blank slot.
For Tier 1, you just have to pick a lot of blank slots!!!

Yep, skill options has to cover all tiers' possibilities. Tier4 can spend 150k on skills in Day 1 which can be a maximum of 5 doubles or 7 normals hence the Day 1 settings (5 doubles and 2 normals) to allow any setups. A normal skill can be easily set for a double slot. Similarly a Tier 4 can get two doubles or three normals for day 2 and one double or two normals on day three.

Christer made a No Skill pick available which let you a lot easier to skip a skill pick.

For stat upgrades you have to contact Strider84 or me. Here is a team which has a +AG set already. It is written in the team bio which is required as if you go check the team options you will see an empty box next to the player who has the stat upgrade.

Concerning sup skills, it is written "round 1" "round 2" "round 5".
Shouldn't it be written "round 1" "round 3" "round 5" ?

Furthermore, concerning regular season before play-offs, it is written that there will be many groups of 30+ teams like in previous NAF online tournaments. As play-offs qualifications rules are really different for this tournament (not the first teams of each group will qualify but the 4 first coachs of 4 first nations), shouldn't we all be in the same group? Shouldn't it be simpler / more fair ?

=> The round 2 instead of 3 is to cover the ongoing danish open. I'll change it before the world cup starts.

The groups is a fair point. We used to have different admins for different groups but ill have a look when i see the number of participants
 Jump to: