38 coaches online • Server time: 13:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I not saying your shouldn't foul on Turn 16. Do it or not I don't care.

But if there is a Loner on the ground in Turn 16 and you have no more Blocks or Blitzes left you should DEFINITELY foul the Loner. Because, who cares, the foul of that Loner can be fun for ALL. Who cares if he goes SPLOOSH!

And I'm not saying you must foul a Loner and not a non-Loner at all. Foul who you want.

Just saying you should AT LEAST foul a Loner
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
I think he means you should always be in a scoring position on T16 every game.

I'd say you should usually be in a scoring position at the end of your T15, unless you're defending a 1-point lead, while still being there at the start of your T16 is another matter entirely, sometimes you can't even reach the ball.
To be fair, I've missed a one turner with dwarves on a failed gfi into the endzone with an MA6 runner.

If you have 11 men, and the right setup, any roster can one turn. It's been a while since I tried with dwarves, but here's a Khorne game that can help illustrate that point. turn 8, first half.

That said, I'm usually not willing to put that much effort into a pickup game in box or ranked.
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2018 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

he didn't score as he missed a Dodge

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
Rags

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2018 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
what has a rule in a boardgames got to do with any sense of social justice>? this is BS. Admins, please remove this thread.

I agree it's a total BS title, but don't think it's necessary to remove/suppress.

But it is a good opportunity to call out the BS for what it is: in the (regrettable) current north American milieu, and elsewhere (it's contagious), those hostile to supposed 'SJWs' associate protest with 'whining'. (Not that they're always wrong).

So strong is this association in their minds, that 'SJW' and 'whiner' and regarded synonyms, as exemplified in this post. And so deep is their confusion, that when they themselves whine, (again, as examplified in this post) they blame it on SJW-type behaviour (which they claim to be opposed to)!

What do they whine about all the time? SJWs! (Again, as examplified in this post) They seem so blinkered as to be oblivious to irony, silliness, and hypocrisy of constantly whining about whiners! (This post isn't too bad in this regard, at least shows awareness and sense of irony on the one hand, though on the other still silly enough to fall into the trap just identified).

So Paridge, no offence but if you want to be a crybaby, cry away. But please keep the political insults off fumbbl.

Clarification if needed: this is no way intended as anti-American, anti-Canadian, (I'm an admirer of both great nations) or anti-anything except for throwing political shade on fumbbl.
carlm21

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2018 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

good one ..
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2018 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Rags wrote:
please keep the political insults off fumbbl.
This. Otherwise, the thread is fine, we haven't had a T16 fouling thread in a while. Mostly because it's a settled issue among the experienced coaches, but still, this site's not thriving if topics like this don't come up.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, i got the "unnecessary violence" - badge for it! Smile Yeyyyyy!!!

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3902632
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, lets none of us mention the reason that SJW is associated with "whiner" is because Nazi hate groups on the internet repeatedly make that association, in order to make it harder for people to fight for social justice.

Terribly sad to have a thread name that suits the purpose of net Nazis and anyone mention politics in it, after all.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 11:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Rags wrote:
'SJW' and 'whiner' and regarded synonyms, as exemplified in this post. And so deep is their confusion, that when they themselves whine, (again, as exemplified in this post) they blame it on SJW-type behaviour (which they claim to be opposed to)!

This. So this that i wish I'd said it.

Proud to be a SJW, but you will rarely see me whine, and if something nice of yours is on the ground turn 16, it's fair game. Also if i can put it on the ground. Or into the crowd.

But the same trick is being pulled time and again in politricks. Control the language and you likely win the debate.

So you are not 'anti choice' you are 'pro life'.
You are not racist and xenophobic, you are 'my country first'
You are not 'against paying tax' you are 'anti big government'

(edited as i decided it was inflamatory)

Last edited by PurpleChest on Jul 13, 2018 - 16:19; edited 1 time in total
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Win if you can...lose if you must...but always foul on turn 16

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Politics? Struth! What's next? religion?

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, well said Rags
None of that political branding belongs on these forums. OP at least has some self awareness about their post tho
Rags

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Politics? Struth! What's next? religion?
Very Happy nice one
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

By fouling someones star player to death in League gives you better chances of you winning the league and possibly the match you are going to play against each other. So in that sense fouling is totally worth it.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
By fouling someones star player to death in League gives you better chances of you winning the league and possibly the match you are going to play against each other. So in that sense fouling is totally worth it.

... and if they die, they're all going to heaven anyway. Unless they're dorfs and doomed to life in service to Lucifer in hell. Yay RELIGION!!! Very Happy
 Jump to: