33 coaches online • Server time: 09:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
+MA or +AV or something else?
+MA
62%
 62%  [ 20 ]
+AV
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Other
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 32

noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2018 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Should I go MA to get a ST4 future blitzer or wrestler or +armor to get a full on beast? Or something else?

Also looking for suggestions for the next level up after this one. Not sure what the best direction to take this guy is.

Rest of my team is as follows:

1 MB+Block Witch
1 Blodger Blitzer
3 unskilled Blitzers
1 leveled up lino (probably will take wrestle)
4 unskilled linos.

This is in Champion's league on Cyanide. I doubt I'll be able to get anywhere near the front page but I'm definitely doing better than I have in the past, after finally starting to understand some of the deeper aspects of the game. And so far I feel like I've been very lucky with my level ups.

Last edited by noxnoctum on %b %07, %2018 - %23:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2018 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go for mobility for sure. faster stronger = better:D
McLovin

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2018 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA is almost always better then +AV. He already has a decent AV8 so he can take some hits and his ST4 makes him even tougher to take down. MA wins games so I'd take that unless its a 5+5 roll, then guard would be my suggestion. I'd turn him into a block,tackle blitzer type player after the +MA.
Loew

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2018 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take Block or Wrestle, if you rolled a 6+4.
+MA is nice, but seldom a game changer on a lineelf (although you have to take it if you are hoping for a +MA +MA lineelf Wink )

The player is your only tool at the moment to punch a hole through screens of high Str/high Guard teams, I would want those blitzes to be somewhat reliable.

If you rolled a double, I would consider Mighty Blow or Guard...probably Guard.

Further development: as every elf, he eventually wants to have Block/Wrestle and Dodge. After that it depends on his role... if he is more a blocker, cage cornerstone etc: SideStep... if he really becomes a secondary Blitzer / way opener: tackle
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2018 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the environment... In blackbox, I'd agree with Loew. If it's a slower, safer build, then I'd take the +MA.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2018 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA is like eating green salad. Not the most exciting.. but you'll never know all of the GFI cancer you have prevented.

+MA

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2018 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Because its a lineman he aint your fastest player and he misses basic skills (particularly wrestle or block, dodge and tackle). It may take some time to get them if you take a stat now. I would be tempted to just take wrestle or block. If it was a S4 Blitzer id be more inclined to take MA.

Oscar Wilde
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2018 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle for me. You don't need a 6th MA7 player that badly, he needs basic skills, and you have a lot of other players in need of SPP, too.
delusional

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2018 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I take +ma as being ok with your slower players like lineman, but being awesome with your Blitzers and witches. A mv8 WE is far more useful then a mv7 lineman. ok so you could have a mv7 cage... meh

Give him skills to keep him alive. a str4 on the ground probably will attract attention of a fouler. Block is the safe option over wressle (unless you have blocked up already).

But if you want some fun, Frenzy. work that Str4. It will force the opposition to mark him hard as he could push a player around a fair bit by just blocking in position.
 Jump to: