25 coaches online • Server time: 08:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

Some players waits the noob for playing a game.

Could we create a " time " / " chronomètre " / "timeout" ??
And ejecting the player if he has no accept a game ?

Or something like this?
panalukidis

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

as a relative noob/rubbish coach, i'd like to give my opinion. i don't think this is a problem, even though i lose often it means high quality opponents to learn from, and in ranked no-one forces you to accept the game, you choose freely. in my 5 months of fumbbl i have played a few coaches, and even if they are 'superstars' or 'legends' if i think i will have fun i accept the match. plus i don't think a timer on the gamefinder is a good idea.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohwatch, perhaps it's time to evaluate your influence on this situation? Ask yourself, "Why do people avoid playing me" and come back with your top 5 answers.

After we get your answers you can proceed to the next step which is "What can I do about it?"
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

There's already a time-out: the page will say "page stopped due to inactivity, reload to resume searching" or something like that.

Now if you're trying to find a solution to cherry-picking...well that's a bit more complicated.

edit: +1 to Mrt1212's idea also
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Play in the box. No more worrying about cherrypicking, and you will get better at the game much faster, whatever your current level is.
Rags

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

panalukidis wrote:
as a relative noob/rubbish coach, i'd like to give my opinion. i don't think this is a problem, even though i lose often it means high quality opponents to learn from, and in ranked no-one forces you to accept the game, you choose freely. in my 5 months of fumbbl i have played a few coaches, and even if they are 'superstars' or 'legends' if i think i will have fun i accept the match. plus i don't think a timer on the gamefinder is a good idea.

Completely agree. This is exactly the right attitude. Play your best, play against the best, and have fun. If others are gaming the system, they're doing what they like, and enjoying it their way. Who cares?

Also, as well as the benefits of taking on all comers, you sometimes get to give the big guns a surprise! If cherrypickers ratings are artificially high, the converse is that the cherries are artificially low, as they're often playing games with odds stacked against them. Now and then a big shot will pick on someone underrated, and have a fight, (or sometimes worse) on their hands.

It's funny how big egos can be fragile, and it's always extra fun beating a legend who whines about dice Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Zirgantz wrote:
Play in the box. No more worrying about cherrypicking, and you will get better at the game much faster, whatever your current level is.

Seriously, all it requires is critical mass of 4 coaches with teams that can be paired to get a game. It's not some big site secret, it's just that some coaches are loathe to let bowl bot do the picking for them.

I've been able to squeeze quite a few games in before work and during lunch because Box has people activating between 17:30 and 0:00 and I'm not forced to sit there and wait and wait and wait for someone to choose me.

It's not ideal for everyone but if you must get a game in and you don't want to be at the whims and fancies of other coaches, try Box out.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohwatch wrote:
stuff

you look like a ranked picker with all those R and B teams; why don't commit to a League, or several ones? those that impose a random race to play are great to play against a variety of opponents.
but almost every league is a-ok

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Ohwatch, perhaps it's time to evaluate your influence on this situation? Ask yourself, "Why do people avoid playing me" and come back with your top 5 answers.

After we get your answers you can proceed to the next step which is "What can I do about it?"

I bet Ohwatch can't answer this question.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can't cherry pick Noobs how will Noobs get games in Ranked?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohwatch wrote:
Hello,

Some players waits the noob for playing a game.

Could we create a " time " / " chronomètre " / "timeout" ??
And ejecting the player if he has no accept a game ?

Or something like this?

To be fair, I can't tell whether this is actually a critique of others cherry picking or not. It occured to me that Ohwatch might be complaining that n00bs aren't accepting his match requests, or perhaps he's referring to gamefinders tendency (in my experience) to hang on the accepting match Yes/No screen.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
If you can't cherry pick Noobs how will Noobs get games in Ranked?

the FUMBBL paradox

Dominik

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I entirely stopped playing Ranked, since I am quite picky myself and get offers only from heavier pickers. I would appreciate a filter to hide certain coaches or teams.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
I entirely stopped playing Ranked, since I am quite picky myself and get offers only from heavier pickers. I would appreciate a filter to hide certain coaches or teams.

To me, the ideal place to play games against coaches you enjoy playing against is Ranked. I throw a few games towards my NBFL league mates every so often because theyre on at the same time and theyre fun conversation and insight. Its more of a social thing than needing to scratch that itch. I am really...apprehensive...towards playing unknowns or unfamiliars in Ranked because of the social aspect.
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a lemonpicker and I'm happy with the system - I like choosing legendary coaches and getting a good beating.

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
 Jump to: