48 coaches online • Server time: 23:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now I've got 9 of my 12 players with MA7 - excluding the bench I'm playing with only 2 MA6 at any one time. What direction should I take the runner in? I have not played with a runner hardly at all in the past because I felt iffy about having another AV7 on the pitch but I wanted to give it a shot this time around. Rest of my team is as follows:

1 Blodge Blitzer
1 AG5 Blitzer
2 unranked Blitzers
1 MB, Blodge, Side-step Witch elf.
1 unranked Witch elf.
1 MA7 ST4 lineman.
1 MA7 lineman.
1 Wrestle limenan.
2 regular linemen.
4 RRs (might lower this to 3 at some point but I'm still woefully short on dodge ATM)
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

With that much MA 7 I would have said you don't need a runner but if you're going to use him anyway, I guess go the Pass, Accurate route? That's the one unique thing he brings to the team after all.

Or given your concerns about reroll TV management you could take Leader, but it doesn't save you much so it wouldn't be my choice.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 14:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you need or want a runner. I'd also let the +MA lineman die, or certainly refuse apoth rites.

If you insist on a runner (really? why? the str4 MA7 is better at ball carrying), I'd lean into the dump off with NoS, as that way you can sometimes leave him exposed as bait to pull the opponent in and pass it. Also Leader of course, for the cheap reroll and then block (Duh!) etc. but I just wouldn't have the av7 on pitch with 2 witches.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

First off I would drop 1 rr, 3 are enough.
The current priority is MVP-nominating the rookie Blitzers and the Witch Elf so they become Blodgers/Wrodgers faster and adding a rookie Runner would require to spread out on a further rookie the MVP nominations, thus slowing down the development process, so I don't suggest to buy a Runner now, but if you really want a Runner I suggest Block and Dodge for some protection (Leader is nice but with 3 team rrs already you should be fine). After Block and Dodge: either Leader or Sure Hands; Side Step; Pass; either Accurate or Nerves of Steel.
The skill choice may vary according to the stats/double rolled, of course.
 Jump to: