39 coaches online • Server time: 15:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How many catchers do you use as Zons?
zero
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
one
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
two
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Assume you have a set of parallel lines each 1 matchstick length apart and you throw matchstick at these lines in a random pattern, take the number of matchsticks thrown times 2 divided by the number of matchsticks that touch a line
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you guys think of Amazon catchers? I figure they are more worth the TV than the throwers because catch is useful on hand off situations and I know people like them for block-->sidestep-->diving tackle players. But I was thinking, with the lack of speed on an Amazon team has anyone tried Block/Wrestle-->sure feet-->Sprint. Having the speed of a Bull Centaur would be nice for such a slow team. Has anyone tried it?
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure someone has, and I'm sure it could work, too, but it would mostly be valuable for those 2-turn drives. Usually Amazons don't have any trouble scoring in their own time, unlike Chaos Dwarves who need to move a cage/screen at MA 4 and often need that extra burst of speed after getting bogged down in the midfield for most of the drive.

Bottom line, MA 7 is great for Amazons but 40k and two skill picks for "not quite +MA" is just not worth it.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle and side step is pretty awesome down the line a bit. So 1 or 2.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I like sure feet and sprint early, low TV, you can reach stuff people really don't expect, a kicker and a couple reliable sprinters after the ball can be pretty hard to deal with when the rest of the team can just swarm the rest and not immediately fall down.

But at high TV, nah, couple blodgesteppers, I take the surefoot and sprint if they get +MA, otherwise it's heavy duty work with those skills and they don't last terribly long.

Massively prefer DT on Blitzers with Stand Firm, and catcher doubles tend to be Guard like Linos, Guardfirm DT tackle blitzers are a nightmare for most teams at just 51spp.

Always two. Also two throwers one you're way up in TV, because you just need them for one- and two-turning, easy to get a 10-square 3+ with RR and KoR/SH to collect there, rather than hoping for an AG 5 that'll still be on the pitch when needed and still can't deal well with deep kicks.