43 coaches online • Server time: 12:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
4th catcher ?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I've had enough elf pies, so I will have an elf quiche please.
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2018 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

So this isn't technically a FUMBBL-related question, but I trust the experience and quality of this community more than the Steam BB2 forums, so here goes.

This is my current team : https://imgur.com/a/UCYCwxx

I am in a somewhat particular situation here : my (short-term) goal is to qualify for the playoffs of the current Cabalvision Champion Ladder season, which in my case I can achieve by having the best-ranked High Elf team of the ladder. I currently do, but the 2nd best is hot on my heels and he needs just one win to take the lead, in which case I would have to win another game to retake the lead, etc. The season ends on Sunday 29 July, after which the playoffs will begin.

Another parameter is the matchmaking system, which allows up to 500 tv difference between the teams. Also Wizards and Piling On still exist in the backward lands of Cyanide's BB2.

With that in mind, should I buy a 4th catcher, thus getting to 14 players and going over the 2k tv landmark ?
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2018 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Your other catchers are all developed and at this TV high elves lean heavily on their catchers, so I vote yes.
kummo

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2018 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote yes too. High elves have sturdy ma6 linos and speedy catchers which develop into utilizing roleplayers with their tools (skills), ma8 is great for surfer, sacker, carrier/catcher, retriever or even your main blitzer (ideally i like catcher to have mb and blitzer to have guard).

So 4th catcher seems pretty good.

I am just thinking do you really need that deep bench and how well can you protect your niggled catchers. Especially Tarantello seems something i'd like to replace asap. Maybe try and level your rookie to have dodge and wrestle (or wrestle tackle) and then fire Tarantello?

Madirina seems too good to be easily replaced but most often you can protect at least ball carrier + one dude (your blitzer catcher now) quite well.

But if you are really good at protecting your best players, keep Tarantello too... i just don't like the idea of losing one important role during game. I would not apo him if he gets injured.
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2018 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Tarantello is a bit of a liability but as he was (and still is) the only wrodger of the team which otherwise has only a single Tackle, I figured he was still too valuable to let him go. As it stands, I have only a few games left to play with the team, so it is unlikely a rookie catcher would be able to get to 31 spp in a span of <3-4 games (most likely), especially not in this random MVP, highly developed teams environment.

Madirina doesn't have a niggling injury, he has a -ma which negates his +ma. It wastes 30 tv but as you said, he's just too good to fire just because he's now back to regular catcher speed.

Some better coaches than myself manage to make do when outnumbered with High Elves but I never feel safe at all in those occurences, so I like to have a deep bench to avoid a possible snowball effect. Piling On still exists in Cyanide, so there are quite a lot of bashy, clawy teams around.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2018 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have 3 with skills, get the 4th.