69 coaches online • Server time: 21:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2004 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Please take a look at this link for a new 4 v 4 style of tournament. THis tourney proves to be different than most others you have seen....apply now!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1527
hunter

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2004 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

NO!

Oh, wait. Yeah!

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2004 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Not another crazy league from you two....Okay why not Yeah!
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2004 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people have been asking about the difference in time zones with regards to this league. I believe that most of Europe is betweeen 6-8 hours ahead of U.S. central standard time, which menas you would have to be able to commit to playing games at 3-7 am on Tuesday morning (in order to match up with 8-12pm on Monday night) . Anyone that can still make this commitment is obviously more than welcome to join.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The first division of 8 teams is already set to go for this upcoming Monday, July 12th. The next eight teams to be accepted will form a new round robin division with their own KO tourney to follow and so on until we can start building a higher tier division. R U ready for some Fourball?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing new here. Just shamelessly promoting the league until four more teams join.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

celas, I'd gladly join the league but I find the "no freeboot unless you get rid of the mng player" a bit too harsh for coaches that lose player(s) in a bad game. I'm actually playing in another 4 vs 4 league and the problem is common.
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

well I will consider changing it, if you others agree that this is too harsh, anyone else have some thoughts on it?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

besides, you have a good rep as a nice coach and I would love to have you in the league

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

celas - I agree with teflon and that is the major reason for not joining. Although not your original concept, I WOULD join a league that allowed full team rosters with the exception that only 4 players could be on the field at once.

Then you keep the 4 on 4 concept but teams can recover from injuries and you could have players specialize in offence or defence.

Just my thoughts

Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... yeah I agree with Teflon as well. I would prefer to have the ability to freeboot someone, and have my MNG still on the team. You could reword the description perhaps to something like: teams are not allowed to have more than 4 players which can be fielded in the next match.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, I think I will change the rules a bit to allow for freebooters if you have a missing player. That should not affect anyone who has already made a team. teflon I will be expecting your team in the near future (or I will keep my fingers crossed) What do you think about only being able to freeboot a a player of equal or lesser value though than the one that is mng? The reason why I suggest this is that if some undead team loses a wight for one game, but has 300,000 saved up, they would be able to freeboot Ramtut III (or wood elves freeboot deeproot, if that is possible) which would actually make their team much better for the next game and free up money from their team rating to try to for handicaps rolls in the future. It could actually become an advantage to have players mng later in the tourney and only a small sacrifice to pay for not being able to keep the spps made by the stars.

on a different note, I really like Mully's idea about having a full team (or perhaps as full as you want it) and using only four on the pitch at one time. I will not be able to make that switch for this league, but perhaps could be instituted in future leagues or divisions of MNF. Mully would you suggest that people have to keep 11 on their roster? If not their would probably be huge differences in team rating, but I guess that would be part of the risk you run for keeping too many or too few of players. The only other problem I see with that is if you have one-turners in the league you would never have to field them on defense. Mully: still hoping for a team from you too, but no pressure Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Mully would you suggest that people have to keep 11 on their roster? If not their would probably be huge differences in team rating, but I guess that would be part of the risk you run for keeping too many or too few of players

Good point which I didnt think of. Possibly 8-10 player rosters mandatory. (ie if you started with 10 and had 2 RIPed then you dont HAVE to replace them next game. But if you have an 8 man roster and get an RIP you HAVE to replace or freeboot to get back to 8.) I just didnt like seeing teams forced to play with 1-2 man rosters after a game. That part seemed stupid.

Quote:

The only other problem I see with that is if you have one-turners in the league you would never have to field them on defense.

True - but that happens in 11 on 11 as well.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
...Possibly 8-10 player rosters mandatory...

I'd personally say, "Let people keep whatever they need." That's extra regulations to track and it penalizes some teams (ie: expensive linemen) more than others. Why bother?

And for the record, I too would be interested in joining in a second round... I just don't have time until the summer's over.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2004 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the way that it is now with only 4 guys on the roster. It makes it more exciting. It is more similar to Arena league football than NFL where players have to play offence and defence. It also makes coaches make serious choices about who they take. Do you want 4 Gutter runners with awesome move but only 7 av? Or do you want 4 Black orcs with 4 str but ony 4 ma??? With the fact that 3 guys must line up along the line of scrimmage, it gives the str based teams a chance. I think it also makes each coach somewhat balance their teams so they have a little of both, str and speed.

The only thing I have a small problem with is that handicaps may have a lot bigger impact than in regular bloodbowl. Right out of the gate my team will be giving up 2 handicaps despite not even playing a game yet.

Anyways...just my 2 cents.

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
 Jump to: