39 coaches online • Server time: 13:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2018 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, I'm wondering if this can be an actual skill on Fumbbl that I can give to a custom team roster I'm making inspired by the Heroes of Law team from the Blood Bowl fluff called the Lawful Pact.
Here's how I think it should work:

Honorable (extraordinary):
A player with this skill can never perform or assist in a foul, and they can never kick-off a special ball (special ball rules are not on Fumbbl yet, but they're in the tabletop's Death Zone 2 so I'm putting it here for clarification). Additionally, this player can never learn the dirty player skill, sneaky git skill, or any form of skill involving a secret weapon (including stab and weeping dagger).
EDIT: removed the benefits of this trait because it seems a lot more overpowered when I actually think about it. This is now just a nega-trait where a player cannot use fouls, assist in fouls, use special balls or secret weapons and cannot gain certain skills.

can someone actually make this so I can use it for my custom roster? Thx!
Also, anyone else can feel free to tell me if they think this is unbalanced and why or anything like that. Thanks for reading! :3

Last edited by Dscore20 on Jul 30, 2018 - 03:50; edited 1 time in total
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2018 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Not fouling or being honorable is more a team philosophy or fluff. A simpler way of simulating this using the currently existing skills might be to give the honorable players the pro skill and simply retire them if they ever make a foul (or whatever other rules you come up with). To deal with secret weapons, you could make sure their star player list has no secret weapons on it too.

Not sure if it's unbalanced or not since I don't know the special ball rules, but it seems unnecessarily complex which just adds to the amount of rules that coaches have to try to remember/lookup.
jorj

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2018 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It would have to be on a lineman of some sort to be balanced. No one would take DP on a non lineman player. And the skill would have to come with a high value 30k+. That’s a pretty unbalanced skill to begin with. Also all natural 1’s cannot be modified. And maybe add a roll like the pro roll to see if he does succeed the + 1 modifier.
Weresquid

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2018 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Spending a team reroll to add 1 to an existing d6 roll seems like a perfectly fine skill to me, the downsides look mostly like fluff. But i very much doubt well get custom skills coded any time soon. If we did id have some ideas...
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2018 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You should edit that first post so it doesn't include exact wording from the book.
Also it may get added in the future but it's a low priority optional rule

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2018 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Spending a team reroll to add +1 to the roll seems overpowered too me. I would exchange the ability not being allowed to foul for something like that anytime!
A reroll does not gurantee to get something better, but a +1 does -> If you use that skill on 2+ rolls, it's a guaranteed success!

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
Joost

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2018 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Or maybe if you have the Honorable skill the ref will keep a close eye on you, meaning that if a player fouls another player that has the Honorable skill, then the fouler is sent of immediately. However, if the Honorable player fouls or assists in a foul the fouler is sent idd automaticcally as well.
 Jump to: