34 coaches online • Server time: 15:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
intrepidwilson

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2024 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi fellow coaches.

I am sick to the back teeth of Blood Bowl and FUMBBL in general. I'm don't appear to be getting any better at it and I haven't won in over 30 matches. The ludicrous, swingy nature of the games I've been involved in is making me physically ill. In seasons, it seems as if you must win your first game to have any chance of keeping up with the pack or else you fall behind as every round your diminished team gets battered by someone else and they farm SPP meaning the better coaches and better teams get exponentially better and bang average coaches cannot compete.

(Yes, I've tried 145 Club but can hardly get a game with anyone in the European time zone. Yes, I've had a go at Black Box but it pairs teams by value not coaches by experience.)

Therefore, there are some good teams in great leagues being wholly mismanaged by me. If you would like to take over one of these franchises, to satisfy some filthy, sadistic kink you must have, please let me know:

Draft League Europe - Übersreik Unicorns

DLE College 7s - Übersreik University Aethons

Chaos Draft League - Drakwald Dragons

DLE 2020 - Broekwater Reavers

Thanks.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2024 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on back to 145 Club.

Join the Discord and we'll find you some games and someone to coach you up if you wish.

The new season starts in about a week. New teams, new start.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2024 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hang on mate.

My first steps here were not great either, so i compared us in Winrater

Seems we have the same win% after your current number of games Smile, stay a little more, you'll get better eventually ,took me lot of time, but i can say i'm pretty decent now.
eranor

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2024 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that the site would improve a lot with a system for finding games based on coach skills instead of team value.
Ardonite

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2024 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd really give 145 another chance mate. im by no means a great coach, but im close to average these days, and its all thanks to the 145 club. i went something like 0-25 before joining the 145. it taught me most of the little i know about how to win games. i know the 145 these days has loads of coaches who are incredibly patient and helpful, and happy to help on whatever your schedule is. ive had the pleasure of playing against you, and i sincerely hope you stick with it!
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2024 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

eranor wrote:
I agree that the site would improve a lot with a system for finding games based on coach skills instead of team value.

It has Gamefinder. It has 145 Club.

How many more systems do you need?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Have scheduler matches priorotize coach skill if it wont reduce the number of games matched?
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Id like to get paired by equal luck, seems I get consistently diced.

On more serious note.

Just play more and I recommend low TV matches to learn basics better, those silly Draft leagues are just well.. silly o.O

You have 150ish games here, thats really not so many for most.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehehehe, yew ent evun lost 100 games! Gizza kall wen yew az lost over 1000 like me!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If you play your next WIL game, looking at the teams involved you should smash it. If you don’t, I’d be happy to offer some advice (once I’ve collected my teeth from the floor).

Blood Bowl can be a bloody frustrating experience, without question. My collected tales of woe is as substantial as anyone else’s. Try and separate the result from the process - get better. If you’re getting better, results will follow.
James_

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The game is making you physically ill? Quit immediately and never play again, games are meant to be fun.
intrepidwilson

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

James_ wrote:
The game is making you physically ill? Quit immediately and never play again, games are meant to be fun.

I've never been afraid of a little exaggeration!

It's not good when I'm in the middle of a game & I'm browsing on my phone because it's a relentless flurry of KOs in my opponent's turn.
intrepidwilson

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone for the supportive messages too.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Have scheduler matches priorotize coach skill if it wont reduce the number of games matched?

Would you prioritise "skill" over TV or games played?

How often would there be enough teams in the draw for it to matter.

How would you know coach "skill"?

If you just used rating, people could tank their rating for easier BBT games. 🙂

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

As i dont really think this is the thread for this discussion koadah, id ask you to reach out to me elsewhere.

I hope intrepidwilson either finds the joy again, or if not, i also think fun is the primary goal, and not doing something that isnt fun is a valid option.
 Jump to: