39 coaches online • Server time: 00:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jonno

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2018 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

I'd like to hear your opinion on something.

In the 2018 ATV slann gets the following choices for their build: 8/1 + 20 K, 7/2, 6/2 + 40k, 7/1 + 60K

The special skills can be used for either any table picks or for stacking a normal on top of another normal.

Now slann benefits a lot from being able to stack, but who gets the stack?

I would probably go with something like a wrestle/SB or wrestle/tackle lineman (or both). But I like the dauntless option for catchers as well.

What would you do?
happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2018 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann get better with age, so it's a tough format even with some stacking skills.

I would lean toward a wrestle/strip and a wrestle/tackle, with dodge on the catchers and 1 block and a bunch more wrestle linos.

If you are getting a blitzer, make the blitzer the wrestle tackler.

There are a lot of different options, including a blodge catcher or a dodge/SH catcher. I think having a lot of wrestle on the team means you can get away without any tackle so you might try that.

Having a strip ball is useful even if they have Sure Hands, because you can leave him as sweeper and use your other wrestle linos to sack. Then if they try to move the ball with a handoff or pass, the wrestle/strip can swoop in... keeping that threat alive can make it very hard for your opponent.

Good luck!

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2018 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann are quite poor at resurrection tournaments based on the NAF stats. Though they are also the least used despite being fun. Not that I would know!

Wrestle strip and wrestle tackle leapers are so powerful that I would have thought you would need them to have a chance of those games where you win based on your ball stealing. Or at least that no one stalls against you.
Some dodge makes sense to. Perhaps a guard?

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2018 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a feeling of something like this working somewhat

catchers - dodge on most, maybe one catcher with guard (3 catchers?), you might want to skip one catcher and not take guard instead

linos - wrestle tackle + wrestle stipball

if blitzers - i like block mb or block dodge (i think you only can take/need one)

i wouldn't expect one to win tournaments with slann but i can see this kind of build getting some wins - since slann does create a lot of opportunities and even some experienced coaches haven't played much against them - allowing some mistakes or few good dice on important turns changing games totally towards you
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2018 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the full rules. Amount you can spend on the roster number of skills, doubles allowed etc...

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2018 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann gets the following choices for their build: 8/1 + 20 K, 7/2, 6/2 + 40k, 7/1 + 60K.

ATV 2018 is made for TV 1100 ressurection.

http://bloodbowl.dk/onewebmedia/ATV2018.pdf
jonno

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2018 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

@happygrue

I like the blitzer as a stacked sacker because of his unique skill set.

But I've also had success giving him block to keep him on his feet and able to utilize diving tackle.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2018 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Something like this if i understand the rules correctly-

1 krox block
3x catcher 3x dodge
2 blitzers 1 wrestle, 1 block
5 line 2x wrestle
4x rr
1x apo
7/1 +60k

Lots of wrestle for anti blodge and sacking. 1 block for your dedicated blitzes. Dodge on all catchers to stay mobile. Block on Krox seems a must. Apo and 1 bench because slann are super squishy