42 coaches online • Server time: 19:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Roxanna or Karla
Roxanna
88%
 88%  [ 23 ]
Karla
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2018 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

For TV 1100k tournaments do you think it is better to build Amazons around Roxanna Darknail (8357, dodge, frenzy, jump up, juggernaut, leap, loner 250k) or the new star player Karla Von Kill (she is a replacement for Zara) (Block, Dauntless, Dodge, Jump up, loner, 6438 220K).

A Roxanna roster would be

3 blitzers
1 thrower
8 linewomen
1 reroll
1 apo
1 fan factor

For 850k

A Karla roster would be
4 blitzers
1 thrower
7 line women
1 reroll
1 apo

For 880k.

I didn't really understand the change from Zara to Karla until I looked into NAF
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2018 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd prefer Roxy.
The Ag5 and the Leaping ability will bail you out of a lot of situations you couldn't otherwise manage without rolling a handful of 6s
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2018 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

6438???

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2018 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
6438???

Jimmy is actually on fumbbl? 🤔🤔🤔

Yea she has the same stat line as Zara, so a Zon blitzer with +st +av dauntless and jump up so ma 6 st 4 ag 3 av 8
Strider84

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2018 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see what Karla brings to the table for Zones. +St blitzer Dauntless is basically useless at ST4 with loner anyways and av8 and jump up is not really worth all that money.

mv 8 ag 5 dodge alone is almost worth the money for roxy as ball carrier, getting juggernaut and frenzy for free for the eventual mindfuck of 2+ crowdsurfing everything on 2+ on top is pretty good value.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2018 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
I don't see what Karla brings to the table for Zones. +St blitzer Dauntless is basically useless at ST4 with loner anyways and av8 and jump up is not really worth all that money.

mv 8 ag 5 dodge alone is almost worth the money for roxy as ball carrier, getting juggernaut and frenzy for free for the eventual mindfuck of 2+ crowdsurfing everything on 2+ on top is pretty good value.

Are there practice NAF games on here? I would like to get comfortable with the frenzy player
Strider84

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2018 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I run NAF tournaments https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=9298, but next one will be with Eurobowl rules so no Stars for Zones allowed... but you can always set up a test league for an one off game
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd ditch the apo and find a way to get another reroll (even if the Thrower is getting Leader) on both rosters. Can't use the apo on stars and you have a bench player.

As to which Star..? You'd have to build the Roxy build to protect her for the turnover shot, and you'd have to build the other to ground and pound. My elvish heart says go Roxy.
delusional

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a Zons coach, but I look at this going who wants an AV7 target?
Roxanna Darknail (8357, dodge, frenzy, jump up, juggernaut, leap, loner 250k)
Karla Von Kill (6438, Block, Dauntless, Dodge, Jump up, loner, 220K).

So Roxanna has good blitzing potential with Jugs and Frenzy. But you need to get a fair bit of guard around the target. You also need a fair bit of protection around her. I cannot see her surviving the game, so whatever points you get from her you have to get while she is on the field.

Karla on the other hand can move with the pack. While she won't be scoring you tries, with str4, av8 and block she will be a bit more robust. Plus, because the other players are scoring they will advance better.

Do star players earn SPP in your tournament? I believe not. If you want to play Zon's like elves go Roxanna. If however you play Zon's as Zon's, go Karla.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
I'd ditch the apo and find a way to get another reroll (even if the Thrower is getting Leader) on both rosters. Can't use the apo on stars and you have a bench player.

As to which Star..? You'd have to build the Roxy build to protect her for the turnover shot, and you'd have to build the other to ground and pound. My elvish heart says go Roxy.

The thrower is there just as a leader caddy. I don't typically use to many rerolls as zons in the first place due to the amount of block and dodge. I think that 1+ leader would be enough, otherwise I would want 4 for overtime
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Roxy Always, as Carla is just a st+ blitzer with loner

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I think the ‘optimised’ Amazon roster at 1.1 in most rulespacks is starless. However, if I had to fit one of the two in, it would be Roxy. The threat of her is extraordinary and changes how your opponent has to think. I’m not sure the reality matches the threat often enough to make it the go to ‘Zon roster, but perhaps that’s just me. I’m told relatively often by our Danish friends that Roxy is broken, so she has her fans!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2018 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Roxy must be an awesome surf player. Plus a superb carrier. Lack of Block and tackle or wrestle means she wont really be a cage break threat. Despite that I think the ability to grab a loose ball and dodge about with ag5 and move 8 tips things in her favour.
I've seen Zara come in useful for Halflings with the s4 blodge.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So I was reading through the old eurobowl rosters on NAF's website and none of the coaches took a star player for the zons, even though they were allowed. They al used the extra 100 for a 13th girl and either a 4th reroll or 14th girl
Strider84

Post   Posted: May 22, 2019 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Eurobowl rules do not allow star players fof tier 1 teams. Wc rules do and many takd roxy
 Jump to: