45 coaches online • Server time: 12:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
If it were up to you, Fumbbl R and B would...
Add all 3
23%
 23%  [ 36 ]
Add none
37%
 37%  [ 57 ]
Add just Khorne
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Add just Bretons
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Add just Simyin
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Add all BUT Khorne
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Add all BUT Bretons
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Add all BUT Simyin
27%
 27%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 154

mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 16:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?p=783019&sid=1a34a63f4fa3ccb3fa95ba626ea8d095#p783019

I see you made most of my arguments for me Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Garion wrote:

http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?p=783019&sid=1a34a63f4fa3ccb3fa95ba626ea8d095#p783019

I see you made most of my arguments for me Very Happy

yeah sadly the person doing the rules just does not take criticism at all well, and that web site really is the pitts, its soo full to the brim of sycophants kissing up to the new devs. You can't get anything through to him sadly, and there aren't enough people that post there, even though the vast majority of coaches i speak with agree with the position you and I hold, there are very few that let the devs know the problems they are causing.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 18:10
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
yeah sadly the person doing the rules just does not take criticism at all well, and that web site really is the pitts, its soo full to the brim of sycophants kissing up to the new devs. You can't get anything through to him sadly, and there aren't enough people that post there, even though the vast majority of coaches i speak with agree with the position you and I hold, there are very few that let the devs know the problems they are causing.

In that thread you're talking about the DZ books referring back to the rules as non-optional and there's a comment about Coldsteel 'counting as' a cheerleader, but I'm sure that's not what you meant. I don't want to necro an old thread on a site I don't even post on, but the following is directly from DZ:

Playing League Matches: Pre-Match Sequence
The pre-match sequence must be used for every league match that is played.
1) Roll on Weather Table
2) Choose Inducements
3) Draw Special Play Cards
4) Flip for Kick-Off

That's conclusive. Definitely optional Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

haha, yeah, well just look at how JY-T responds to my perfectly reasonable request - http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45185&p=800133#p800133

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

WALGIS wrote:
you should add add all option and add only khorne and brets. it makes adding brets and khorne the winning option for now atleast.

On the poll? It is there!

"Add all BUT Simyin" = add khorne and bretts
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 19:22
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
haha, yeah, well just look at how JY-T responds to my perfectly reasonable request - http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45185&p=800133#p800133

I don’t know who that is

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

he is one of the rules developers

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
That's conclusive. Definitely optional Razz

Thanks! I thought playing cards are optional but you and the conversation we made on Discord convinced me that cards are mandatory enough to have them in FUMBBL main divisions. Sad part of it that it took our rules more away from the official.

Anyways, I was not criticizing FUMBBL not being official. I am fine with that and would be happy with a FUMBBL specific game too. But it is not official in its current state IMO. I will do my best to help on that though.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It is optional. The rules are just a mess at the moment, with so many different sources all over the place. The sequence posted above was errated, and JyT has said they are optional.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah great. So they can push out another compendium for people to buy.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Ah great. So they can push out another compendium for people to buy.

I'd be fine with that, if they actually clarified the main rules. The last one (the Almanac) failed to do so.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 21:03
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
It is optional. The rules are just a mess at the moment, with so many different sources all over the place. The sequence posted above was errated, and JyT has said they are optional.

If I understand it correctly, he said on TFF that they were definitely optional, but then also said, on TFF, that nothing he says on TFF is official Very Happy

I feel this is exactly what was feared from a rewrite, and I quite like the new fluffier rules.

Compare it to D&D 5th edition where the devs answer tweets in an official capacity, which is then collated into FAQ. It’s been a very impressive reboot from Wizards

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are cards listed before GFIs? I thought Cards were part of the core rules when I read the rules
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

If I understand it correctly, he said on TFF that they were definitely optional, but then also said, on TFF, that nothing he says on TFF is official Very Happy

I think it is probably better to keep the "official" pronouncements to an "official" channel.

Between them, Facebook and Google probably already know your entire life history. Don't think that not having an account will save you. Wink

mister__joshua wrote:

I feel this is exactly what was feared from a rewrite, and I quite like the new fluffier rules.

Compare it to D&D 5th edition where the devs answer tweets in an official capacity, which is then collated into FAQ. It’s been a very impressive reboot from Wizards

I have DZ1 & 2 but I can't say that I've really read them.

Maybe if Christer said "no more rules updates until HTML5" a few more devs might pull their fingers out. Twisted Evil
Or maybe people are not as desperate for the new rules as they were for LRB5/CRP.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Why are cards listed before GFIs? I thought Cards were part of the core rules when I read the rules

They keep saying that it is also listed along side 4 minute turns which is optional ( although that does specifically state it is), and that it says "everything beyond this point is optional" which as you rightly point out includs handing off. Basically they cocked up, some of the devs have come out and admitted it and said this should be clearer. Others just keep saying play however your group wants... like thats an answer Rolling Eyes

I'm going to contact them by email tomorrow with a full list of things we need added to the official FAQ on bloodbowl.com