22 coaches online • Server time: 05:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
If it were up to you, Fumbbl R and B would...
Add all 3
23%
 23%  [ 36 ]
Add none
37%
 37%  [ 57 ]
Add just Khorne
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Add just Bretons
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Add just Simyin
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Add all BUT Khorne
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Add all BUT Bretons
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Add all BUT Simyin
27%
 27%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 154

morehouse

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I would come to the forums to get a feel for community opinion on adding Bretons, Khorne, and Simyin to Ranked and Box in Fumbbl. This isn't necessarily something that Christer wants to do or will happen, I'm just curious as to how people would feel about it hypothetically.

Pay attention to poll options so you don't get confused Smile

My personal opinion is that it would be great to add all three. More options = more fun, more players attracted to the site, all good stuff imo.

In my view the only reason to not add a team would be if it is unbalanced to the point of not being a fair match up for the current 24 races, and I have not heard anything that would lead me to believe that these 3 are. The NAF has already added Khorne and Bretons, so those seem logical enough to me even though I don't see myself playing them much. Simyin seem a lot of fun to me, although I'm aware some people have issues with them not fitting in with GW fluff, not something that is important to me but to others it may be.

Anyway... let's see what everybody else thinks...
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

You forgot "add all Secret League". Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe well lets maybe start with a 2-3 at a time and see how that goes Smile
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I voted and saw the result. So most of you want them. I would rather see FUMBBL DZ2 compliant which would mean taking some star players and all the playing cards rather than adding some NAF rosters. And Simyin? Come on! Guys, play SL open! You want Simyin in FUMBBL Cup?

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted none.

None of these are official rosters, khorne and brets are neither well designed in my opinion, nor particularly fluffy. Are we going to add every single roster cyanide or others crap out just because they might be present in another game? The bret roster will just become another norse/zon - trotted out at low tv and then binned by most. Khorne might actually see some use from a few fun seekers, but most will steer well clear, same for simyin.

I don't see them adding anything, and they would detract from the site becoming compliant with the official rules imo.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a really bad time to break with site tradition and deviate from progressing toward the rules of Blood Bowl in R & B. I hear all the time how the current ruleset release is confusing enough already, it would be pretty unwelcoming and confusing to newcomers to the site to present them with three unofficial rosters in official divisions. That is before we get into whether the rosters are any good or not and whether I'd like to play with or against them (various shades of not really).

All that said - you could use that same argument against retaining Slann and the apparently dead stars, and I'd not want to lose Frogs or the CRP stars until BB2016 was complete at the very earliest (same with wizards actually, but Christer went another way on that).

I think Christer said somewhere in the past that he'd probably follow the NAF's lead on Khorne's inclusion, if the NAF ever included them. Since the NAF voted widely to accept Khorne and Bretonnians, I guess I wouldn't fall over in shock if they arrived one day. Whatever I think, at least they were born into a GW licensed (rather than produced) product. Simyin have no chance. They have no providence whatsoever. Include them and you really may as well include everything from Secret League and every other fan made roster. The world would have gone quite, quite mad. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes what purplegoo says ^

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Pgoo speaks wisdom, as ever.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 10:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Voted none.

None of these are official rosters

Without implying anything about the poll in this topic, the "official rosters" are extremely limited at the moment. DZS2 lists 12 rosters in its official list, stating it's an "up to date summary of the current range of teams". These are dark elves, dwarves, elven union, human, nurgle, high elf, orc, skaven, wood elves, goblins, underworld and chaos renegades.

With this reasoning, we'd have only those 12 teams as options. A coach who only just got into the game with the bb2016 rules would not know any of the other ones.

Obviously, this is not something I want to do (I mean seriously, where are the Khemri? Smile ).

I'll be posting something on topic in another forum post an/or a blog soon (with some other semi-related stuff).
Harad

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst I agree with that to some extent, didn't GW release an addendum saying 'here's the rules for the other rosters until we get chance to release them'?

I accept that doesn't quite constitute official but I think it certainly introduces another layer of acceptability above Bretonnians etc.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
...it would be pretty unwelcoming and confusing to newcomers to the site to present them with three unofficial rosters in official divisions..

I don't really see what is "unwelcoming and confusing".

Extra rosters are nowhere near as confusing as the current hotchpotch of rules.

I'd say that it is welcoming as people have had these rosters in the NAF and Cyanide. Cyanide does more games than us. (even if a lot are concessions).

I don't really see what value "official" has outside of the NAF.

"NAF official" has more value than "GW official" IMO. Unless you are at an NAF tournament you can use whatever rules you like.

Edit: Didn't I see something about savage orcs and some other human team?

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

yeah GW has an app you can pay for to use unofficial rosters in league. They have a different terrible human roster that starts with guard, a so so savage orc roster and a really bad alternate skaven roster. They are all truly terribly designed. Savage orcs is the only barable one.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Yes, but they were labled "not official, and untested". Pretty clearly.

The "teams of legend" FAQ/Paper, extends the Bloodbowl universe to 23 by including the old teams via CRP rosters. Notable omission is Slann, who GW hate.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think GW official has considerable value. I think it is important to have a principle underlying what is used on the site otherwise the incremental additions and changes will creep until we have something that is highly tailored to some and less suitable to others and less accessible to newcomers.
Of course, Christer is free to use whatever rules he likes as the commissioner but, from my experiences of other things, I highly respect and value the principle based approach he takes.
delusional

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else concerned that the Simyan linemen are made up of Bonobos?

Why not just Monkeys.
 Jump to: