19 coaches online • Server time: 03:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill to give my gimped lineman
Guard
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Tackle
66%
 66%  [ 16 ]
Dauntless
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Tasty tasty Pie!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

First time i've asked something like this but a little unsure.

One of my oldest players George O lyons (https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11023744) who plays for the first team I ever created, team:https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=828878) has skilled up.

He is an AG busted marauder with block, claw and mighty blow, Unsure of what to give him for next skill (normal roll) now theres no piling on, Marauders have too many choices! Do I be boring and take guard? team lacks guard. My team also lacks tackle so could be a good choice but still a little boring 'yawn'. Or Do i give him dauntless and make him a slayer of giants. Really unsure what to give him.

Please note that this team in general kinda sucks (check out double juggs on Ogre, damn you rule change!) but they hold a special place in my heart.

What would you do?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Because he's AG1 tackle would be the best choice I think. Dauntless might be ok as well, but since you have to roll to use dauntless I would favor tackle. Reason being is he's less likely to get marked w/ tackle, MB, claw so his AG1 will not be such a hinderance or he'll be marked w/ a throw away player & can proceed to rack up the casualties. Even nobodys bleed Exclamation

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

George wants to be Ricky
Take tackle, then Juggs, and finish with dauntless.
He'll become an all purpose killer who can go toe to toe with anyone.

While we're at it, your team has a little dead weight.
I'd replace the 4 skill Ogre with 2 Juggs. That's only 2 more chances to get Block or a stat, and a completely dead skill.

The goblin really needs 2 heads

And consider Wrestle, Tackle, Horns, and 2-heads on that rat.
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice, leaning towards tackle. Probably right about ogre but im a tad sentimental about him (yes I know all mens must die) Plus not many dudes have double juggs ^_^
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle or Horns. Horns will give him 2 dice blitzes against his regular opponents, or mean he only needs 1 or 2 assists to take down a Big Guy on a Blitz.

Oscar Wilde
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

VillainousIntent wrote:
Plus not many dudes have double juggs ^_^

NO dudes have 'double juggs', but your Ogress has a nice set Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously though, I forgot they can get mutations on a single. Listen to Grod, Horns is a great option too. If not now then next for sure.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire all injuries unless you get 6st tentacles. Mino and rerolls are bad value. Leader is best value. Take a look at the most successful renegade team on fumbbl:

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=651502
Mattius

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
Retire all injuries unless you get 6st tentacles. Mino and rerolls are bad value. Leader is best value. Take a look at the most successful renegade team on fumbbl:

I think you should add 'Most successful renegade team on fummbl' to your teams bio. After 1000+ games it deserves something!
delusional

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to fire the Ogre. I don't see the point of having two big guys with Jugz, it's better on the Mino. Although maybe if they both had Break Tackle it could be pretty devastating.

If you are looking interesting. I would go Foul Appearance or prehensile tail over Tackle or guard.
Prehensile tail being less effective then tackle if they have dodge, more effective then tackle if they don't Wink
Foul Appearance means he holds his own on the LOS. Lets face it looking at his injuries he is probably LOS fodder.

What's his role:
LOS fodder, Foul appearance or guard.
trapper, Prehensile tail or tackle.
Big guy takeout? Dauntless? You have a troll, Ogre and Minotaur, the other coaches select Dauntless against YOU!

Standard skills are Leader or Guard, I know boring.
Guard is probably the smart coaches choice.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:
smallman wrote:

I think you should add 'Most successful renegade team on fummbl' to your teams bio. After 1000+ games it deserves something!

Don't encourage him! You mustn't be aware of the minmax devil that he is. Rerolls are bad value...fire all injuries..skills on more than half your players is bad... heck. Lets give credit to the OP who made the thread and actually wants to keep some interesting players he has had for a while.