48 coaches online • Server time: 20:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Menzogna

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, I searched the forum for an answer since I am sure someone already asked for it but I haven’t found the thread.

We want to create a league which allows us to upload our already existing teams. We are already using fumbll in test mode to play but, as you can imagine, is not really practical in terms of uploading results and team management.

Is it possible to do it? And how?

Please consider that we have as house rule an extra MVP each 200 tv difference and each new team starts with 3 normal skills, so there should be at least one admin who can modify the spp of players.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Menzogna
kummo

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

That kind of rule seems like you would need to create custom league and i'd suggest to have more than one admin that modifies the teams.

You can't add spp to players. Which i would suggest is the admins would do skillrolls (leagues i'm and and do that roll dice in leagues discord room where fumbbl bot [named Bowlbot, you can invite him quite easily to your private discord] rolls the dice, coach chooses skill and admin adds the skill).

This would mean that you the coach wouldn't pick skills after game in this site normally. He would after every game need to check spp's for his players and see if they have skilled or not.

League admins should also decide if these migrated teams have all players moving spp along with the skills or start from 0 spp despite having skills.

For example human blitzer with mb could either have 0 spp and gain 2nd skill after 16 spp. OR if you want to move spp from past league and he had lets say 8 before, the coach should type that 8 (and that he already has mb when league started) in that players bio. And when he gets 8 spp more then he gets 2nd skill.

Both ways the coaches will have to do some manual extra work - one way is lilbit more timewasting with admins that add skills since they have to check and calculate (make sure) that the player has in fact skilled. Having everyone starting from 0 spp would make sense so its easier to just check if player has 0, 6, 16, 31, 51 or 76 spp... but when there is a mixure of players starting with 4, 7 or 21 spp with skills already added it can get bit confusing

(cus one player gets new skills when site tells he has 2, 12 and 27spp, other when he has 9 and 24, when last in this example gets his 3rd skill at 11 spp).

Also the extra mvp would need a random roll with using some 3rd party thing (like the bot on discord i mentioned) and then the coach would need to update again the player bio and keep manually check that if the guy skilled or not with the extra mvp.

Its a lot of work but it is possible.

I'm sure someone else from leagues like this will give you better tutorial on the "how to".. i an not sure i can help you with starting all that.
 Jump to: