54 coaches online • Server time: 23:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should Rijssiej take?
Dodge
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
Sidestep
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sure Feet
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
+MA
56%
 56%  [ 27 ]
+AV
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something else!
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Pie
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 48

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, this Blitz-ra rolled a double 5 for his third skill. He already has Tackle, MB. What is the best choice?

Dodge seems to be the obvious one, and I am leaning that way. Obviously, it helps him stay on his feet and, even with AG2, a 4+ dodge with reroll isn't bad odds on defense to escape a marker and bring down a ballcarrier.

Sidestep might also be worth considering though? Or Sure Feet?

MA7 would also be useful on a team without a lot of speed. I'm not sure about AV9 - seems like Dodge or +MA would be a better choice.

Any advice is appreciated Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle is very useful for khemri, stops people from dodging away when you want to thump them - especially if they are already lying down.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

@uzkulak: thanks for the input. I had considered Diving Tackle, but I discounted it because, without Dodge/Sidestep that tackle zone is quite easy to remove, and he lacks easy access to those and Jump Up, which also synergizes well with it. Although, I guess Stand Firm goes with it quite well. Hmm ... will give it some more thought.

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing to note about the +MA option: both of my Throw-ras on that team already have MA7, if that makes any difference (so, I already have some good mobility).

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You have 2 fast Throw-ras, so MA isn't as priority. But it is worth it if you give him frenzy and juggs
Dodge loses value as TV goes up and tackle becomes more spammed
DT makes it harder to peel him when he marks, and if you take it, I'd later consider Jump Up as a second double.

I'd probably take the MA
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Anti. Seems like +MA is the current favorite in the voting. Although, I was thinking Dodge would be useful for the Frenzy/Juggs path as well, to help escape markers for surfing.

bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Movement will give all sorts of options. it speeds up the scoring capability of khemri, which is a huge issue, worth putting skills into its solution.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Something Else ..JU

+MA ..You will get more MA from Jump Up

Dodge ..You don't have enough Dodge on your team to cancel the tackle you will face so your opponent will just toss their tackle on him, making his skill obsolete

+AV ..is countered by Claw

SS ..can be very useful for sideline control and positioning but you dont really want him getting hit

Sure Feet ..I think you arent really considering but just threw it on the poll as another option, just for giggles

Last edited by gamelsetlmatch on %b %29, %2018 - %14:%Sep; edited 3 times in total
kummo

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like either dodge or diving tackle. Picked DT on my black box trophy run khemri team. Skill didn't come into play that much and made him more of a target (especially against elves) and less to a tool to use.

I still liked the skill on the dude. Its like frenzy - you can in theory get surfs in but great coaches avoid giving them. Similarly good coaches avoid giving easy DT positioning especially for their best and most formidable/useful players.

Voted diving tackle but dodge is quite equally good pick.

Edit: So is the movement. Its good. But i like it more for thoras. Blizras are in range most of the time. Only times i remember having my guys not-in-range was when they were knocked down.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge.
delusional

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle.

I see both your Blitzers appear to be trappers.
if the other team runs away with the ball, you will not be able to stop them.
So why DT over side step or Stand firm. SS is better then Stand firm, it will keep you on a marker. But DT with tackle means if someone dodges away it's -2 and forces a reroll. Without DT, it's just an agg roll.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2018 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It's really a hard decision, as there seem to be several decent options. I am warming to the idea of Diving Tackle, as I like the way it opens up a whole new defensive development path, with SF, Fend (perhaps) and Dodge on a second double. Seems like it would help a lot against the agile teams, which are the ones Khemri seem to struggle against the most. Stick him a cage next to the ballcarrier - even if they leap in and bring down the Throw-ra, he would make getting away with the ball much more difficult.

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2018 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
I still liked the skill on the dude. Its like frenzy - you can in theory get surfs in but great coaches avoid giving them. Similarly good coaches avoid giving easy DT positioning especially for their best and most formidable/useful players.

This is a good point, that some skills seem almost redundant, because the top coaches will know how to position and play around them anyway (a top coach is not going to just leave a player in a surf position, unless perhaps as a lure). But, I think the fact that the threat of those skills is there and is forcing them to have to adjust their thinking can still make them somewhat effective, in a way.

Strider84

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2018 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mv for sure. On a normal double dodge is fine.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2018 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote +MV

usually when I lose to khemri, it's because of their 7M blitz-ra on the team.
also, shadowing/7M is better than diving tackle