27 coaches online • Server time: 09:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2018 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You have 9 points max to make a squad from but can use teams that will add to less than 9 if you so choose, so you get a bit of a bonus.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I made my squad of 5 teams and are ready to rock.

I decided to try two races I have never played. Chaos Dwarf and Lizardmen as my 2 3pt teams. Iam thinking of taking on the extra challenge that with either one of them or both to only play them in tournament play.

Enter the CD in the Rookie Rumble and play them only in Bar Brawls and see how that goes. No matches in the actual box.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope your CDs do absolutely horrible. Smile
fxiii

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2018 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Concept under discussion: After completing the 150 game B Trophy season 2, a coach may enter a second squad, with at least 3 differing races.

So, people still have to play every game of the 150, they cant restart. If they enter and quit, no second try.

Limiting 'rinse and repeat' squads by changing the squad composition.

Maybe limit to 2 squads total over the season and/or no repeats of 3 point teams.

i like the idea of a 2nd squad for those who like to play a lot.

a fair condition could be: none of the 5 rosters played with squad 1 and maybe only 8 squad points instead of 9 (and 7 for the 3rd squad, you crazy nerd !!)
fxiii

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2018 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

everybody sleeping here ?

a quick checkpoint at half time Smile

i played 15 games with each roster of my squad, so 15 more to go Smile

this year, i didnt want to play the same rosters as previous trophy, so i came with norses (tier 2 for norses in an awesome deal!), high elves (cause i didn't take them last time), undead (to have a tier 1), humans (again, not enough tier 2 choices:p) and... goblins !! yeah i love playing goblins, so i already know i won't be able to fight for the title, but anyway, fun is more important than cyberpenis isn't it ?

after 15 games, how did it went ?

Norses: 14-1-0 !! wow, just had a draw due to a nasty sweltering heat (5 on 10!), but all others game went well, with just the little extra luck that we all like !!

Undead: 11-1-3, some may find it great but i think it sucks, undead are so OP at low tv, i should have done better... great oppo though, and some heavy dicing made it Wink

Humans: 9-4-2, not top too, but had a couple of horrible games and great opponents, so lost many points...

High Elves: 8-5-2... i don't like a lot high elves, and they don't like me neither !! already suffered 40 cas in 15 games, and many many horrors... on the good side, we roll cool doubles and play like dwarves with guardspam Very Happy

Goblins: 7-2-6, well, kind of disappointing but, it's goblins, and, i lost my points mostly to legendary coaches who played top rosters, so not that shamy (not sure about this word: ashamed maybe?)
awesome rolls here with 2 block trolls, a new HMP bomber (get last game)and a stunning MA5 ball & chain !!

so for now 49-13-13, 74% winnings...

won't be enough for top3 i guess, but we'll try to keep on like this Smile

would be glad to read some other blogs about trophy, it already seems nobody's interested after 2 monthes, or maybe am i wrong ??
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2018 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I keep trying to find the time to get started... but reading your progress may get me off my butt and making teams. Looks like fun! Good write up fxiii.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2018 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just taking a little break after my recent results have been somewhat... underwhelming. Razz Will get back in soon though. Wink
ramchop

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2018 - 22:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

fxiii wrote:

i played 15 games with each roster of my squad, so 15 more to go Smile

15? But a sprint is 16 games. Think of all that loot you might have missed out on. ARR!
Strider84

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2018 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
I'm just taking a little break after my recent results have been somewhat... underwhelming. Razz Will get back in soon though. Wink

Yeah same here, Slann are really killing me
ramchop

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2018 - 03:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

fxiii wrote:
would be glad to read some other blogs about trophy, it already seems nobody's interested after 2 monthes, or maybe am i wrong ??

I'm in it for the long haul. My initial quest is to complete 5 sprints with the 5 races I haven't sprinted with yet to become an...

That'll get me over halfway to the 150.

First sprint was with Slann. ARR me hoppies. Absolutely loved it. Went 11-1-4 a Racial ThARRd and got me my first Top10 ARR finish.

I enjoyed them so much that I'll be running Slann in my next tabletop league. If that goes well (and I actually get them painted), I'll bring them to the World Cup.

Bendrig

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2018 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
Verminardo wrote:

Yeah same here, Slann are really killing me

This.

Going 0/0/4 with woodelves broke my spirit a bit, I think.

Combined with pushing it last season to get all the games in and the amount of games dropping to 150, giving me a "plenty of time yet" feeling...

Yeah, will get to it later. Last night's fling game was an incentive to play more, the itch is back.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2018 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I had to wait for a work trip starting Dec 1st to get started myself. Starting two weeks in Oxford have allowed me to spend my 9 points and create a slightly altered squad than last time.

Again with humans, skaven, and goblins. Heros.. dirty 1 turners, and mayhem I enjoyed.
I found the High Elves and Pro Elves boring and similar last time, so I have subbed in Slann, which seemed like a great bargain, and Dark Elves, just to try adding a leaping assassin onto a roster I am very familiar with. Leaping assassin.. I only read 5% of the posts in that assassin thread, but think it's a fun idea as an anti-stall mechanism.

Unlike last time, this has been a rough start. My bread and butter, the skaven, were given two easy games and blew both opportunities horribly. Smashed by a new coach's orks, and battered by a 950 tv goblin squad, for a 0-1-1 start. I won't be taking the skaven racial lead this time, I don't think.

A draw for the slann, which isn't bad, considering I totally forgot they could leap. That bit seems important.

The DE are off to a bright start, with 3 fortunate wins against tough opposition. I've secured a Mighty Blow hitter after this 3rd game, so I can begin to employ my hit & run tactics while I develop the leaping knife.

Gratz to F-13 on an amazing start. I need to start practicing the shambling undead!

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2018 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

fxiii wrote:

People like to play games but not write blogs.

We need more Ramchops. Wink

There are also 'Real' Sprints to play for. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2018 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

111 games so far, and all is well. Or wellish.

All of my teams had quite a good start, none suffered too much casualties so i could built a decent bench for all of them after a few games. I am now in quite a good position, even if coaches with fewer games have a much better ratio than i do. (74% as of now)

Amazons (20/5/3 : 80% ratio) are in a good position. 3 losses were obviously against dwarves and chaos dwarves. Other games were won just because the roster is so broken at low TV. 4 blitzers quickly became guards/mb, and a 5agi leap lady is doing all the risky stuff. 27th game was tough with 8 cas : 2 lines dead and 2 blitzers missing, but it's all in the past now and the team is back on track for their 2 final games. I just need 0.5 pts to reach silkoun's racial bonus.

Pro elves (13/4/2 : 79% ratio) still have a long way to go. Despite a bad start (3/1/2 by 6th game), remaining games were helped by a MB blitzer and a strong bench (13/14 players). A 4str/wrestle catcher will hopefully become my surfer if he gets the chance to gain frenzy next. A 9 mv/5agi catcher will be the designated one turner. Looks like Malmir is competting with pro elves too, so i need to keep winning games with them.

Underworld (14/6/3 : 74% ratio) did surprisingly good so far. Blitzers quickly gained +ag, mb and claws and did most of the job. 2 heads dodge passer does the rest. Goblins are juste here to soak damages, and are replaced when needed (14/15 guys is never too much bench with underworld).
I'd like them so score at least 4 pts in their 7 remaining games to have a shot at winning racial bonus.

Humans (15/7/5 : 68% ratio) gave me quite a headache along the way. I'm not fond of humans, and i know why. Even with 5 mbs, their ability to remove players off the pitch was really bad for most of games, even against elves or other av 8 rosters. Last game against +200TV nurgle was a rampage : my agi 5 blitzer died (to be honest he didnt do as well as he should have ), 2 other blitzers are missing next game. I'll be down to 11 guys next game, from 1710 TV to 1240 Very Happy If i'm lucky, i can grab another 2.5 points in the 3 remaining games, but i guess it wont be enough to stop FXIII to win racial bonus. (he's 73% at 15 games)

Slanns (8/3/3 : 68% ratio) are giving me trouble also. Their bench is ok (13/14 players) but the lack of skills is showing. I finally have a tackle/block guy after 14 games, yay ! Still no mighty blow, though. Offense is quite easy with catchers, but i mostly suck when i need to defend. Team value is high now with 1720 and i could be facing claw/mb spammers anytime soon, with almost no chance to win. Racial bonus is most likely impossible to reach now, with vicius scoring an incredible 23.5 points with slanns. Or I "just" need to score 12 points in 16 remaining games. Yeah, right !

Good luck to y'all for what's left of your trophy !
Malmir

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2018 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

My squads have now played 89 games. We had an extremely poor start with only 2 wins from the first 10 games but things have picked up a bit since and I'm hoping for a top 5 finish if I have a good run from here to the end.

Khemri: 6/5/2 (65%) Failed to win in their first three matches but things have picked up a bit and got plenty of mb to give us a shot.

Elven Union: 10/9/4 (63%) Had far too many draws. Been quite an unlucky team with snakes in the last turn/s turning several wins into draws and draws into losses. A notable exception was their last match when they got owned but snatched an entirely undeserved draw with a ludicrous one turner.

Norse: 10/5/1 (78%) A decent record but some of those draws should have been wins.

Slann: 14/6/4 (74%) My favourite race but it was a slow start with only 2 wins from the first five. Then things improved. Can't reach Vicius' record for race leader but hopefully won't be too far behind.

High Elf: 8/4/1 (77%) Going well at the moment with two ag5 helping things a lot.

So happy enough with how we are doing. Hoping to mount a challenge for Khemri and High Elf race leader.
 Jump to: