46 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
bghandras wrote:
smallman wrote:
Box trophy strong advantages peak time zone players who can play the majority of their games vs other box trophy teams ASAP, others much more likely to face more tier 1 teams.

Interesting theory, very well might be. But is it??!

I mean, do you have data to prove it? I am genuinely interested at this. We could make a small sample. Define the tier1 list, tell me how many games did you play in a given timeframe (tell me that timeframe) vs tier1, and how many games against else. I do the same, then compare.

This is very obvious logic, and its a bit early to prove with stats, but I guaranteed the % of blackbox games that are with trophy teams will decrease quite a lot over the year.

Yet with the rookie team protection this should not matter too much. The young teams will only play other young teams.

In the end, any theoretical advantage should be small.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
smallman wrote:
bghandras wrote:
smallman wrote:
Box trophy strong advantages peak time zone players who can play the majority of their games vs other box trophy teams ASAP, others much more likely to face more tier 1 teams.

Interesting theory, very well might be. But is it??!

I mean, do you have data to prove it? I am genuinely interested at this. We could make a small sample. Define the tier1 list, tell me how many games did you play in a given timeframe (tell me that timeframe) vs tier1, and how many games against else. I do the same, then compare.

This is very obvious logic, and its a bit early to prove with stats, but I guaranteed the % of blackbox games that are with trophy teams will decrease quite a lot over the year.

Yet with the rookie team protection this should not matter too much. The young teams will only play other young teams.

Well that doesn't hold up. My pro elves got smallman's minmaxed, claw rubbish as their second game.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

This isn't true, and you're telling the guy who'd know best of all.

Rookie protection just prevents you playing vs teams who's TV is outwith a certain % (based on games played) of your own. It also puts a negative modifier on the scheduler's preferences for drawing games against "significantly" older teams (although the scheduler doesn't care if that older team has played 16 or 3000 games).

That said, if you're in a 4-man draw, and the team with the closest TV to you is hypothetically, over 1000 game old cpact, it doesn't matter if you're 3 game old humans - as long as that cpact is within the %TV-difference allowed by the scheduler for the game, you will be playing them.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys are missing the point, it is not about TV but races.
With many trophy coaches around you are likely to play Slann, UW, Stunties etc. more, while without them you get more CDs, Dwarves, DEs or other strong races.
There is possibly some truth in that.
My own perception is that the trophy also brings a lot of very strong coaches back to low TV box. So I am unsure if games have become easier or tougher.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think that matching against good or bad coaches is at least as relevant as against what teams you play. But in comparison to BB2 there is a lot less edge to be gained if you play all games in the first month imo. But yeah this speaks for letting people have a second run so there are still plenty low tier races late in the trohphy year.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Kondor wrote:

This isn't true, and you're telling the guy who'd know best of all.

Rookie protection just prevents you playing vs teams who's TV is outwith a certain % (based on games played) of your own. It also puts a negative modifier on the scheduler's preferences for drawing games against "significantly" older teams (although the scheduler doesn't care if that older team has played 16 or 3000 games).

That said, if you're in a 4-man draw, and the team with the closest TV to you is hypothetically, over 1000 game old cpact, it doesn't matter if you're 3 game old humans - as long as that cpact is within the %TV-difference allowed by the scheduler for the game, you will be playing them.

I stand corrected. I guess I misunderstood how the system works.
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyway we can figure out to get my teams registered so I can get in on the fun?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest a support ticket. Most of the people active enough to read the forums are probably already signed up and thus can't replicate your issue.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried with Firefox or Chrome?
Loew

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

have you tried to use another browser? if I remember correctly there was an issue with one browser (Edge?) where the button to register teams wouldn't appear
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok... SO I tried both firefox and chrome... With these browsers I am able to designate a squad... select the five teams... total points 9.... it prompts me with the message to be careful because this can't be undone... then when I hit select squad button... nothing... I have refreshed the page and tried multiple times... it just comes up nothing...
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in there guys thanks for the patience!
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the fray. Win or lose, may all your games be fun.
datom

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Any further progress on the idea of allowing a second attempt (with different rosters) for coaches? We might have three-four coaches finished by the turn of the year, and my complete failure to get any of my teams anywhere near mid-tv means the more new teams the merrier!

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2018 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

what exactly does this mean?

•An additional 2.5 points are awarded per point of unused team budget.
 Jump to: