23 coaches online • Server time: 08:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
J_Morris

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

I'm having a beginners BB league coming up this month and decided I'll start with a Dark Elves team. Since I'm a bloody noob (besides having played a few BB2 games), I'm asking for a few tips playing, especially since the league rules have three phases as following:

1st Phase is playing just out of the box, so 2 Runners, 2 Blitzers, 2 Witch elves, 6 Linemen. All teams start off with 3 RR, which is nice.

The other phases continue introducing casualties with free team building, which will of course add the missing two blitzers and maybe an apo.

My main concern is that the offered starter team box is a pretty bad starter team with the runners and witch elves, how can I make the most of it?

I'm thinking about running 6 Lines, 2 blitzers, 1 runner and both witch elves while the second runner could replace a KO or cas.

While having three RR is quite nice, I feel this is a very bad line-up.. I'd be glad to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Gartch

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi J_Morris
It depends of what are the line up for other rosters.
Actually 2 Runners, 2 Blitzers, 2 Witch elves, 6 Linemen +3RR is far better than what you normally get with 1 million gold pieces for a starting team.
I would suggest to try to level up witch elves as fast as possible (I would use them as ball carrier vs anything than Wood elves for this purpose) until they get level 2 and you give them wrestle or block.
Until then, blitz with witch elves only to crowdsurf opponent, or when it's the best option to blitz opposing ball carrier (usually when ball carrier has block).

If later you can buy blitzer, buy 2 of them (after buying apo)
Gartch

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

edit: double post

Last edited by Gartch on Oct 02, 2018 - 23:57; edited 1 time in total
J_Morris

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, sounds good. Well since it's a starter League, all playes go with the starting box, so I'll run into very few optimized teams (one dwarf player).

We got 3 Human, 3 Orc, 3 Skaven and 3 Chaos plus a mix of others. Besides one other Dark Elf player no other elves though.

Thanks for the tip leveling them up asap, will do. Also good to know that the apo has higher priority.

I'll report back as soon as the first games are done.
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Nein, my inner German there - an ideal build I would suggest is 4 blitzers with the block skill, 3 rerolls, 1 runner and then you get the witch elves and such.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2018 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

To J_Morris: but what are the starting box for other teams: actually I think you may be the one with the best starting team:) For example for orcs if they start with 2 Black orcs and 2 blitzers that's horrible for them (way worst than a normal starting 1000tv team) when you have a team better than the standard 1000tv team
Gartch

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2018 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

FinnDiesel wrote:
Nein, my inner German there - an ideal build I would suggest is 4 blitzers with the block skill, 3 rerolls, 1 runner and then you get the witch elves and such.

Well it's not ideal, but he has 3 RR, I think it's better than 4 blitzers+1 runner+2RR for example. It's also better to have bench for a elf team, even Dark Elf.
 Jump to: