26 coaches online • Server time: 04:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should my Wardancer take?
+MV
75%
 75%  [ 48 ]
Guard
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
+AV
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something else
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 64

MightyToenail

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I know I shouldn't even ask this question since the Fumbbl hivemind would take guard over anything else, but thought I'd ask anyway.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

+mv versus mighty blow should be the poll really.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Take Guard? Really?

I'd be tossing up between MB and MA. Probably go MA.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I'll probably go MA.

I only paused and thought about guard because in my short time here on fumbbl, I've learned that people always take guard regardless of the situation, the player, and the race.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mighty blow

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is great, especially on elves - but I think standard wisdom is that you take MB on the first blitzer to roll a double on any elf team. For WE that's especially true, you do not want wardancers stuck in the melee, they are get in and get out types.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 02:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

+MA or Mighty Blow are likely the best options.
juck101

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mb because its amazing on your lead hitter. Its also perfect with st if you roll well or tackle if you roll usual skills next. guard is terrible on something that should be hitting or hidding and not ideal to be left around.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MA9 wins more games than MB
I'd take the MA now, and hope for more doubles later
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut, Frenzy. *Chef's Kiss*
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 is not wrong. Juggernaut isn't as good as Mighty Blow by itself, but it's better in combo value (Frenzy, Strip Ball, maybe a future Mighty Blow for handling Wrestlers), and the player skills fast. Frenzy/Juggernaut is good with the Wardancer profile: high MA, AG4, Dodge, and Leap means you can do your thing and then get to safety.

Mighty Blow is another good option. Unlike Juggernaut, Mighty Blow doesn't automatically scream "Frenzy" and thus doesn't rope you into the drawbacks. But having played around with the parameters of Mighty Blow a lot, I'm starting to come to the opinion that the elf-style one or two Mighty Blow blitzers isn't an optimal use of the skill in winning terms, even if it does offer the best on-paper value proposition for Mighty Blow strategies.

Guard is a great skill, but as a Wardancer skill it's only good in a few limited tournament formats, or in conjunction with +AG and Side Step. Since Side Step is a late pick on a +AG Wardancer and a middle pick on AG4, this means it's not an early option by that rubric.

+AV isn't terrible on Wardancers: they eat a lot of dirt, and +AV on AV7 equates to a 5+ save (on 1d6) vs injury rolls, which is a good bargain on a well-built Wardancer. But I really usually only consider it as a late pick: at this point, you're not protecting enough to invest in protecting it more.

+MA, on the other hand, is awesome. MA9 Wardancers are better OTS targets than Catchers: yes, Catch and Sprint, but then there's Leap. And then there are all of the other MA9 bennies that come with a natural Blodger: at that point, Shadowing becomes a great competitor for Diving Tackle, and any ol' stat just becomes totally game-breaking, because he's so hard to account for.

So, my order would be: MA over MB over Jug over AV over G. But all of them are nice to have, you know?

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I get the argument for movement, I really do. But EVERY team needs a good blitzer that has the potential to cause damage and keep numbers relatively even. Even with the Woodies ability to win games down a few (or even many) players, a blitzer that can remove players and keep the numbers close is invaluable.

A Wood Elf team has mutliple avenues for developing a OTT player. But there's only one way to get a MB blitzer, and that's by taking MB on a WD when you get the chance.

Prior to the elimination of PO, I had a WD that went MB, +ST and then PO (lol). He's still alive by virtue that I quit playing [R], but now he has Juggs, and I'm pretty sure he'd be a terror, especially if he got Frenzy. Surfing SF roadblocks and then dodging away to safety would be awesome.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think woodies are exception, and they generally cant keep up with the attrition other teams bring, so they better not play according the others game. On the other hand at rookish level, a mb makes a huge difference. Its utility will wane as your team grow. But right now it will be very effective.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA.
Woodies win more games with 1ttd than by attrition and rolling a double is more likely than rolling +MA.
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ma