48 coaches online • Server time: 15:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gallahbrains

Post 5 Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe someone here will know the answer to this ... yesterday I was painting a an old Games Workshop Halfling miniature, it looks like on his back he has a bag full of bombs, and the word "BOMBS" written across the back of the bag. I'll be able to tell better once I pick out the lettering a bit with highlights, but I'm pretty sure it says BOMBS anyway.

It's the one on the left there with the helmet on. Sorry I don't have a photo of the back of him (and the bag on the back is just under-coated so it's illegible anyway).

If I'm right, these are "3rd Edition Blood Bowl" miniatures. Did the Halfling team ever have a bombadier? If they did, it was definitely before my time!

Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think so. It is possible there was a limited release sometime that I am unaware of , but as far as I know there was never a bomber miniature for flings.

FYI from about 1988 and on GW printed citadel or GW on the bit of metal that slotted in to the miniatures base. So check there.

edit: great paint job btw

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I have that team. If I recall correctly, the bag actually says "buns" and contains the halfling's second breakfast, i.e., sweet rolls and such Very Happy.

No bombs, but it's still fun.
gallahbrains

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2018 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that what it says ... lol. Well, I think I accidentally painted all my little fellow's "buns" in metallic. Very Happy Doesn't matter, I can go over it and fix it up.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for definitive clarification. There was never a bombadier for halflings. Mechanical objects arent their thing. They are far more nature based.

The 3rd ed list isnt much different to todays list. Mainly the treeman and special rules differences.

The figure in question isnt a limited edition and does have buns not bombs in a bag.
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I could, however, see halflings employ biologically based flame throwers on the field involving greasy sausage and beans, a candle, and full moon. In that case, the bombs aren't so much in the bag as they are in the Baggins. (In that case, I might grant the halfling bomber a disturbing presence too.)
Yasmir

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2018 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It's possible under optional sponsorship 2016 rules from Death Zone II.
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2018 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Fabrizio wrote:
I have that team. If I recall correctly, the bag actually says "buns" and contains the halfling's second breakfast, i.e., sweet rolls and such Very Happy.

No bombs, but it's still fun.