19 coaches online • Server time: 07:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

elves? where? ah... in the KO box!

MightyToenail

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Elven Union is best Elves. Bugger off, you snooty High Elves.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MightyToenail wrote:
Elven Union is best Elves. Bugger off, you snooty High Elves.

Incorrect, you incorrigible oaf.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

High elves rock because they are a human team that lacks an ogre and have AG 4.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played my first few games with High Elves (I play BB2, but enjoy browsing the fumbbl forums), exactly because seemingly no one wants to play them.

Having played Wood and Pro Elves before I feel the AV8 is massive. It gives you so much more not to worry about. Having gone with the 3 RR roster I also think the MV is not a big issue, as you can confidently do the odd GFI. Though a 2nd Catcher or a Thrower would be quite lovely. Generally High Elves can pull of Elf BS just like their brethren even at low TV, but admittedly lack the one or the other advantage. All in all it makes for a more difficult start, but you can be confident to actually be able to develop players before they die and you can quite confidently farm spp with vanity passes and quick TDs.

However, what I feel is a minus is their Star Players access. Obviously Eldril is love and Eldril is life. The High Elves exclusive Star Player is on the one hand Prince Moranion who is somehow OK, but I am not quite sure I would ever put him on the pitch. Quite a nice ballhawk, but then Dauntless is kind of a waste as most ball carriers are strength 3 or lower and without dodge he is prone to getting beaten after sacking the ball, or well simply failing a necessary dodge to hawk. Dunno .. kind of an odd player and quite pricey.
Soaren, on the other hand, is of course interesting as a thrower replacement. Then again, betting your, most often Plan B, on a loner without block or dodge is so so.

Dolfar is ok because he is cheap, but he is more like "Jeah, I got some money to spare after Eldril and a wizard, why not".

Then you look at Roxanna, Hubris or Jordel and think to yourself: I want those!

Then again, I am a noob and bad player Very Happy But I think High Elves are quite interesting as they offer all the facettes of the Elves and you can feel confident to develop an interesting team without buying a new player every game. Especially looking forward to getting more of those MA8 ST3 "Catchers".
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Eldril and Moranion are excellent, I'd take them over Hubris or Roxanna any day. I want my MB guy and my AG5 Leap guy to be someone who can actually use a Reroll... ST4 Dauntless is better than you think, you can hit Bug Guys with one assist and have a good chance for two dice, and one die as a fallback. Add to that Wrestle and you have a nice counter to those nasty Tentacle Stand Firm guys.

I also took Zara on one memorable occasion with my High Elves, and stabbed a bunch of stat freak Vampires. Do we still get Zara? I'm not really up to speed about the new Star Players...
Stonerkn

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

No doubt about Eldril, might even take him over a wizard, in BB2 that is.

Fair point on Moranion, though you really gotta make it count in the turn you knock/wrestle that tents guy down. Otherwise he will most likely get fouled off I presume. Though I will keep that in mind ... 2 developed Nurgle Teams in my division Very Happy
 Jump to: