24 coaches online • Server time: 01:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What team?
Slann
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Vampire
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Ogre
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Khemri
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2018 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya,

so my local league is like 3 months away and im starting to think about what team im looking to run. i normally pick a top tier team and have been somewhat sucsessful. im wanting to have a more relaxed "Fun" season.

in my head we have 4 teams.

1) Slann
2) Vampire
3) Ogre
4) Khemri

advice is welcome Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2018 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires for sure. There's nothing like spending a solid minute formulating a complex plan to break a cage; only to roll a pile of bloodlust and end with your whole team gang-banging a thrall instead of doing anything useful.

I also find it very blood bowl-y to be taking turns killing your own team alongside the opposing coach.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires are great fun, because they can pull off amazing magic when something goes right... or completely self-destruct. More than any other team, they're never so screwed that they can't try something and they're never so safe that things can't go horribly wrong.

Slann are also fun - odd skills, unusual play style, hilarious leap plays - and every so often, you go splat.

Khemri are not fun in this sense IMO, because to do well they have to play very conservatively, foul, grind and minimise risk. No flash, no flair.

Ogres are silly and bad. Don't play Ogres. Even if you want to handicap and challenge yourself I would recommend Goblins or Halflings rather than Ogres.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri because of those teams, they have the best minis and are the biggest pain in the ass to assemble. All the little metal armor bits...

Post 19 Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri.
You can drink a beer or ten while playing Khemri. There is only one battle plan, "To crush your enemies. See them driven before you." If that doesn't work... drink another beer and don't worry about it. You won't have think hard about doing crazy things like trying to pick up the ball. Leave that to the elves and rats... then smash'em flat. (Still didn't work? Relax. Have another beer.) (Little known fact... the ancient Egyptians were the first to perfect the art of making beer‡. It's perfectly appropriate to consume this most perfect of history's beverages while playing Khemri!)

‡ Don't believe me? Who cares... have another beer.
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha I do like beer