18 coaches online • Server time: 06:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Doubles Skill?
Tackle
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Frenzy
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
Dodge
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
+AV
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
+MV
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
take a strength skill anyway
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

Zoebugs

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking for some skill advice on this guy:

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=7053734

Already has block and I rolled doubles again. I'd like to think Tackle but... I generally screw up golden opportunities like this. Further... they are fives so +MV and +AV are in play. FUMBBL community is the best! So... what does the FUMBBL community think?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge to make him get knocked down even less and combos well when you give him Break Tackle

Harad

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle also deserves consideration IMHO

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle or Diving Tackle. I voted Tackle from the options given. It's Ranked, so AV is not a good option: in some environments it's better, but not where you're matched by TV. I would not take MA on this player. At this low value, Dodge makes some sense, in that it will make him super-annoying, but even the bashiest opponents don't game around getting all the Tomb Guardians down until the tide turns their way, and when that happens, Tackle is accessible.

Tackle is better for laying the wood, but a lot better than nothing for discouraging dodges. Diving Tackle is better for discouraging dodges, which sometimes helps you lay the wood too. Diving Tackle makes him more of a specialty piece, while Tackle is a key skill for a brute-force development strategy (in fact, with Block/Tackle, you can get everything else you want on normals). I'm not sure which is better in the long run, but I think Diving Tackle wins out at low TV.

Oh, and fire Bradshaw. So sorry. But 100k for AV6 AG2 Guard is ridonkulous.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy is the skill that helps you most with the struggles that khemri faces. Without much bash and the poor ball handling you probably struggle to get down field. A block, frenzy TG combined with some stand firm and guard really helps you out there. Dodge would be lovely too, but not get you much momentum. Tackle you can take on blitz-ra.

Also get some replacements for thoseinvalides. Smile
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is either Frenzy or +MA. Forget the +AV. Movement is a real deal for slow guys like mummy or tomb guardian.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Since you rolled a double 5 I think +MA.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes +mv. Not even close to anything else
Zoebugs

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire hall of famer Terry Bradshaw?! How dare you, sir?! Actually much like every other old person, I'm just waiting around for him to die. Funnily enough, he won a game for me a couple matches ago. My real thro-ra was tied up so he and his gimpy sure hands scooped up the loose ruck and took it in! But still... he's getting the axe! Very Happy

JackassRampant wrote:
Tackle or Diving Tackle. I voted Tackle from the options given. It's Ranked, so AV is not a good option: in some environments it's better, but not where you're matched by TV. I would not take MA on this player. At this low value, Dodge makes some sense, in that it will make him super-annoying, but even the bashiest opponents don't game around getting all the Tomb Guardians down until the tide turns their way, and when that happens, Tackle is accessible.

Tackle is better for laying the wood, but a lot better than nothing for discouraging dodges. Diving Tackle is better for discouraging dodges, which sometimes helps you lay the wood too. Diving Tackle makes him more of a specialty piece, while Tackle is a key skill for a brute-force development strategy (in fact, with Block/Tackle, you can get everything else you want on normals). I'm not sure which is better in the long run, but I think Diving Tackle wins out at low TV.

Oh, and fire Bradshaw. So sorry. But 100k for AV6 AG2 Guard is ridonkulous.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a Blockle TG in NBFL and it was fabulous. Work the 3D blocks and no one is safe!

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted tackle but would vote frenzy now I've thought about it for more than 2s. Frenzy ST5 plus juggs is going to be a giant problem.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2018 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Voted tackle but would vote frenzy now I've thought about it for more than 2s. Frenzy ST5 plus juggs is going to be a giant problem.
I've been in a league with that player, and you'd think he's awesome, but he's not. It's too steep a skill track, and MA4 sucks in context. Frenzy/Juggernaut needs a little mobility to be really optimal, like Break Tackle or a MA buff or something, and it wants Stand Firm, and you wouldn't do it without Block, and no matter what you do it always happens in a context where Mighty Blow and Guard are the heavyweight normal skills, and the player has Decay and doesn't do ball stuff. So you never really get to the point where it feels really like you've got what you want.

Tackle is better for this player: Wrestle skels are okay for some functions, and you can build your Blitz-Ras as hitters, but you're always hungry for Tackle as you rise through the values. It also jives with stuff you know you want to take: let your Blitz-Ras do the Frenzy/Juggernaut stuff at the higher levels they can easily reach built upon the support of "properly-built" TGs, you know? Tackle is an important part of this complete breakfast, while Frenzy is a nice sweet treat.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input everyone. This is why FUMBBL Community is best!
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

A clear case where you will regret your choice, as you will always think of your guardian as a blodgestepping frenzy speedy breaking tackler.

So sneaky git. Final answer.