17 coaches online • Server time: 04:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should the next skill be?
Block
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Dodge
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Sure Hands
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Accurate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wrestle
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Safe Throw
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

MightyToenail

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10847017

What should I get for my next skill on this guy, with normal roll?[/url]
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

With ST 4, block so that he can hit and withstand being hit.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Block. You have a 2nd thrower who you can throw, this guy I would build more as a runner with dodge/sure-hands after block.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
Block. You have a 2nd thrower who you can throw, this guy I would build more as a runner with dodge/sure-hands after block.

^ What he said.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Being 4 Strength and having block isnt going to help him or your team out as much as Dodge will, I think. Leave the hitting and getting hit for your blitzers snd Lino's. Making your catchers into ball hawks would be a good idea, too.

Nightbird

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Blockity, block, block. Then dodge. Then surehands.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, Tackle, Yahtzee!. You are playing Elven Union. You can develop a 2nd thrower with sure hands and use this guy as Nuffle intended - a potent blitzer. You will likely not have guard to support blocks at times so having this dude as a blitzer style player who can make unassisted 2d6s against st3...why would you not do that given the team?

Like seriously, the team that can basically score at will, and y'all are thinking ball carrier? Cmon.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Block, Tackle, Yahtzee!. You are playing Elven Union. You can develop a 2nd thrower with sure hands and use this guy as Nuffle intended - a potent blitzer. You will likely not have guard to support blocks at times so having this dude as a blitzer style player who can make unassisted 2d6s against st3...why would you not do that given the team?

Like seriously, the team that can basically score at will, and y'all are thinking ball carrier? Cmon.

Whenever they score, they have to line up and take a beat down lol
Being mobile, being able to secure the ball from ball hawks and running a good ol fashion elf stall is the best way to keep more of your elves on the pitch.
*imho*

Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, any elf that gets +St should be built as a hitter. Block/Dodge/Tackle/Leap

Leap as a legend skill to get into cages with S4.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader. He's a natural leader. He gives the best team talks, the best. [Gesticulates with hands] a really natural super leader. Give him the leader.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

block then dodge then tackle.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.
MightyToenail

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, Block it is, thanks!

That's what I was leaning towards, I really lack block on my team, and being a ball carrier he's probably going to be hit by guys with tackle quite a bit, so Dodge is less important.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, just use this team as your user guide for Pelves..

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=622926

Here are their past players

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=pastplayers&team_id=622926

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2018 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Whenever they score, they have to line up and take a beat down lol
Being mobile, being able to secure the ball from ball hawks and running a good ol fashion elf stall is the best way to keep more of your elves on the pitch.
*imho*

The way that I think about AV7 elves is you need to go and get the other guy before you get got to the nth degree - and that means defensive scores and stops. This means preferring to play defense over offense but stringing out your offense as long as makes sense from the perspective of attrition so you can continue to play credulous defense. Sometimes thats 2 turns, sometimes thats 7 turns, it really depends on how adept the opposition is on offense and your thoughts on being able to get a defensive score first and just a defensive stop period.

The invocation of the elf stall cuts both ways though if you park the ball on this guy though. Yes, a Blodge SH ST4 MA7 player is ideal to hold the rock and especially so if you start losing players but...

If I'm losing players, my first worry isn't "how will I stall now?" but rather "how will I play defense after I score?". This guy doesn't contribute as much as he could on defense by taking on a role that the team doesn't necessarily need a player to fill.
 Jump to: