69 coaches online • Server time: 22:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2018 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Alice is in a good spot.
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12218481

My thoughts..

>Pass block to add to the over all defense of the team.
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=903632

I have two solid catchers that pop the ball free even when dice against. so pass block would add to the downfield threat (if I pick throwing teams)

>Gaurd increase over all strength of the team as a whole but might be a negative considering he is going to be hitting and picking

>Frenzy with tackle and ST4 this allows him to be reliable when getting out of a jam.

>Mighty Blow... decreases chances of teams playing against but gets him to legend quicker...

What are your thoughts?
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2018 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

China is Awesome

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2018 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

yes it is!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2018 - 13:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

That's a really interesting build. Ogre free and 4 catchers. Played a reasonable variety of teams but clearly not likely to win a bashing war with just about anyone. As you allude, main tactic will be ball popping and recovery.

My thoughts on the specific player:

HandyKaufman wrote:
>Pass block to add to the over all defense of the team.

Yuck. No. It will add only marginally to team defensive abilities as it's pretty easily avoided in most scenarios.

Quote:
>Gaurd increase over all strength of the team as a whole but might be a negative considering he is going to be hitting and picking

Guard always has synergy, that said you are not going to win wars with this squad often, so less appeal than normal. But his agility will help put it where needed, and you do have a frenzy/MB/Tackle that might often need that support.

Quote:
>Frenzy with tackle and ST4 this allows him to be reliable when getting out of a jam.

I would say the opposite. Makes him reliable at getting into jams. 2 frenzy players on a squad so short of hitters just means i can trap and isolate them. While frenzy can solve problems, it can also create them, the ag4 will get him out of some jams, but not all. You also already have a frenzy guy, with blodge to help him get out of tough situations, i think 2 is luxury, and could be a key Achilles heel.

Quote:
>Mighty Blow... decreases chances of teams playing against but gets him to legend quicker...

Sad but true. With the other MB blitzer to do your blitzing when you are not ball attacking with the catchers, do you need another hitter? I think for LOS duty and giving wider blitz options, MB is what I'd take. But yes, it will limit game offers, and if you seriously want to elf hunt, might make that hard. Not that we should be avoiding skills to lure opponents into playing us, but, well.... (shrug)

I'd have a look at SF too, would give you something very different and cause other problems for teams. I'd look, but then I'd probably take MB.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2018 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand firm does allow him to ply the sidelines without fear of getting surfed

It really could help in drag out fights down the line and also bail out situations when the ball is kicked to the line late in games..

Good advice PC
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2018 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

HandyKaufman wrote:
Stand firm does allow him to ply the sidelines without fear of getting surfed

It really could help in drag out fights down the line and also bail out situations when the ball is kicked to the line late in games..

Good advice PC

doesn't jugg negate sf? if yes, back to square one.
MB helps removing the opposition from the pitch

Jump to: