42 coaches online • Server time: 15:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I was touring through the top lists and somehow, I started going through to see what positions dont have a legend in the Top Lists.
Guess what? ..no Assasins!!!
Yes, they are 7Av
Yes, they are pretty slow with 6Ma
..but, they're an Elf!!!
Maybe it's because they have Stab. I know for sure that I have tried to stab players, solely because I could and not because I necessarily should lol
I would have one if those unrealistic dreams of giving them multiblock so I can stab All Menz!!! lol
On a more serious note, though..
I have played a bunch as an elf coach and I can honestly say that elves just get beat on whether they are 7av or 8av lol
Other teams often leave you with having to throw -2d blocks. An ideal ball hawk has wrestle, tackle, strip ball. Leap, Dauntless, and Frenzy help, but sometimes a Legend worth of skills just isnt enough.
This is where I think stab can turn the tides, as being an option on a ball hawk as well as reducing 'failed dice' that just get your elves killed!
..having shadow on the ball carrier or around a popped ball isnt too shabby either.

So, my thoughts are to take Wrestle, Tackle, Strip Ball as the first three regular skill rolls, +Ma over +Av, +ST always and show restraint when/if you roll doubles from picking multiblock (Maybe as a legend roll because legends deserve sexy skills, but I dont think it will really help your team win games)
Thoughts?

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think they're being "built wrong". I think they're not being taken.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

They're not being 'built wrong', they were 'designed wrong' Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
They're not being 'built wrong', they were 'designed wrong' Wink

This.
Assassins deserve MA7.
For example, shadowing is much weaker w/ MA6.
And why would an assassin be as slow as a lineman?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:

So, my thoughts are to take Wrestle, Tackle, Strip Ball as the first three regular skill rolls, +Ma over +Av, +ST always and show restraint when/if you roll doubles from picking multiblock (Maybe as a legend roll because legends deserve sexy skills, but I dont think it will really help your team win games)
Thoughts?

What in da hell is this?

Give an assassin W/T/SB? If that is the answer buy a Lino give him those skills and get AV8 in return.

You want a player who can stab other guys and have some fun with then take the assassin. There are no assassin legends because.....

1) Most DE teams do not field them
2) they have av7 and are linos with stab
3)coaches do not invest MVP on Assassin even if they have them.
4)Stab is great, check out my thread around 3 years ago when I laid out the case that assassins are a must on DE teams BUT stab CAS give you no SPP. Thus a assassin who wants SPP from CAS need to block and not stab. Come full circle, take a lino instead.

Assassins will only legend if a coach devotes his entire game plan around 2 assassins and plays around 50 games jamming as many spp on them as he can. It most likely is not a winning plan of attack but you will have the first legend Assassin ever.

Just like I had the first legend Ogre for humanity ever by jamming SPP on him and letting him score instead of the other players.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I will give you the very short version of my assassin thread from 3 years ago.

The chances to break a players AV with stab is always greater than blocking a player and breaking his armor. The math is the same from AV7 to av10. Stabbing always has a better chance to break AV than blocking and following it up with a AV break roll.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I will give you the very short version of my assassin thread from 3 years ago.

The chances to break a players AV with stab is always greater than blocking a player and breaking his armor. The math is the same from AV7 to av10. Stabbing always has a better chance to break AV than blocking and following it up with a AV break roll.

That's only true in the absence of mighty blow. With mighty blow blocking is frequently more likely to break armour and even more frequnetly more likely to cause casualties or KOs. Admitably that's a doubles skill on elves, but it doesn't reaquire picking a AV7 character and og cause a knowckdown is still a lot better than nothing, which is what an assassin gets if his stab fails (though of cause the assassin cannot roll skulls).
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
And why would an assassin be as slow as a lineman?

because he's tip toeing?

assassin build, block,dodge,sidestep,jump up,tackle

multiblock if doubles

there are no assassin legends because stabbing is worth no cas points. So you're usually getting spps from mvps and candy comps. just too slow.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
I was touring through the top lists and somehow, I started going through to see what positions dont have a legend in the Top Lists.
Guess what? ..no Assasins!!!
(...)
Thoughts?

What a sin!
Challenge accepted.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

There are no legendary assassins because the assassins prefer it that way. They don't want anyone to know what they have done.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, they are basically a bit rubbish

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
There are no legendary assassins because the assassins prefer it that way. They don't want anyone to know what they have done.

^^that's a Win answer if I ever saw one!

awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

IMHO

1) make them cost 10k more and give them multiple block from the start
2) Av8, Mv7 or dodge; same price
3) special rule: teir stab gives spp

Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

They may not be very good, but i have found them fun.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My league dark elves keep one around to be trained to Leap, for a decent last shot at a cage with an elf, a gutter or a skink.
Can't say it has paid off yet, but that is the charm with league - doesn't have to be justifed TW-wise.
 Jump to: