25 coaches online • Server time: 08:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why Do You Spectate?
a) I like to see competitive matches
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
b) I like to see good coaches
44%
 44%  [ 43 ]
c) I like to see blood
20%
 20%  [ 20 ]
d) I like to try and wind people up or see them fail for my own personal reasons
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
e) I want to see how possible oppos in tournamens or leagues I play in are getting on
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 97

Joost

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2018 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

doclystria wrote:
I like to watch if I have not enough time to play my own game. Then I select in this order:
1. Official tournaments; Majors > NAF Tournaments > others
2. coach rankings: I like to see matches of better coaches than me to learn a bit more of the game
3. Races. For example at the moment I like to watch Mr Malmir playing Slann, bc this race didnt work for me, to get ideas how I get them to work. And Agility Teams over basher, bc bash for me ist more boring to watch.

Sometimes watching is like listening radio for me....

Very much this. I like speccing when I can't play. Mostly I'll watch a cool team or a great game. I use the sounds liberally, to /cheer or /clap on anything crazy happening, or when the underdog has something working for him / her.

I will use the /aah or /shock for poor luck or if a coach starts whining in T2 or T3 about having lost the game or getting terrible dice. Is that hypocritical? Yes, at least a bit. I sometimes cannot resist complaining either. But there you go.

On a very rare occasion I do enjoy seeing a team I don't like go down. I'm only human after all.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2018 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually watch because either a friend is playing, coach/team is good or if a match up seems like it would be fun... or if I'm super bored.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2018 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

d) coz i iz a goblin, but i only does it ter peeple i no.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2018 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m rarely awake enough of an evening to play as well as I can and it annoys me when I don’t, so I end up speccing more than playing.

I tend to pick games where I know the chat will be good - the team NAF stuff is generally ideal because teammates are watching and chatting. Leagues are similar. I tend to avoid high TV or the games where people are likely to be willing a participant to lose. You know the ones I mean. Wink
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2018 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

All of the above + any XFL game.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2018 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I spec league games in DLE (Draft League Europe) and DLE2, because the custom icons are nice to look at, and I like to see how my league partners are winning or losing their matches. I hope for the biggest teams to lose great players, but I don't hit the /cheer button when they do.

I don't use /laugh or /crickets, just a /clap when someone I know, or the underdog, has done well.

I will spec majors games right up until my elves get smashed out of that tournament.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2018 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to eat pie when speccing, and I like speccing because I eat pie.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2018 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm quite new, relatively, to Blood Bowl so, if I'm thinking about playing a new race, I'll watch a few games to see how they play.

Also, I run a league on here and ask coaches to let each other know when games are scheduled so people can support, just to keep interest ticking along in the league.

If I've got half an hour to kill, I'll just see which match already has the most spectators and join that one for a bit. I've never had a bad experience chatting to the other spectators about why things were done, or what was going on.

I play on my work laptop which is always muted, so the sound effects don't really have an impact on me - do bloody love those crickets though!

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2018 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Because i can.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2018 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really have time for a full match that often, so occasionally watching some of a match can be good fun. Particularly if they are good quality coaches.
I love the sound effects. Also if someone is spectating my games and uses them. Just amuses me. I wouldn't mute them but I often keep the sound quite low, but that is mainly due to the clicks that are made every time you move a player.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

G- To learn.
Learning typically is from two good coaches vs, but its easier to spot good play with a legend vs a poor player. Also I can learn from two average players and spending my time looking at the plays that I had better ideas for.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

RELEASE THE CRICKETS

I'm the one typing /crickets as soon as you start your T1.

aside that, I enjoy watching both bloody and bowly matches from time to time.

Eldin00

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I frequently lack either sufficient time or focus to play, but spectating helps to minimize the amount of additional rust that accumulates on my skills. Also, I enjoy watching a good game when I come across one.
 Jump to: