19 coaches online • Server time: 04:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

How should I go about this?

I have an inkling to spam dump off, give it to both..

but my gut tells me to guard em up.

I already have a committed ball handler.

and the blitzers are defense oriented.

What are your thoughts?
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=920803
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Gofur Broyk - Mighty Blow
Video Rewinder - Guard

Kondor

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I know many people swear by guard on elves. I don't. I like MB on doubles. Your problem is that neither player even has block, dodge, or wrestle yet. No matter which one you choose, they will probably be dead or injured before they see another skill.

On players this young I would ignore the double and take Block or Wrestle. Your team needs some basic skills.
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ok but if they're going to be dead any way why not go dynamic with the dump off? could win me some games and if one survives till the next skill then I got a rounded out team?
Swampserpent

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I always give em mighty blow if they get a double.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump-off needs two things, 1) nerves of steel and 2) that the player with dump-off is being hit.

Without block or wrestle that dump-off is asking for them to be killed, but yeah it is fun to make them blitz and then have another of your players get the ball to score.
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You're breaking away from common choices anyway, with diving catch and a guard leap lino...

Sure, the "right" way would be Might Blow on at least one and prolly ignore it on the other and go block/wrestle.

But where's the fun in that? (Aside from winning more, maybe) I say go with your first idea and dump-off on both!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

you're in the box, opponents will love it if you take dump-off.

I'd actually fire the one you already took diving catch on.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

HandyKaufman wrote:
ok but if they're going to be dead any way why not go dynamic with the dump off? could win me some games and if one survives till the next skill then I got a rounded out team?

The issue is not just death and injury. The fact is that without block, wrestle, or dodge they are also Knocked Down, KOed, and Stunned more often. This is the case with any player but the AV7 of elves makes this fact more glaring.

Furthermore if both players are not on the pitch, the dump-off tactic becomes more difficult to pull off.

Honestly, your opponent will often target the catchers first as they are the greatest scoring threat due to their speed.

Defense is the weakness of all elf teams. I almost always take defensive skills first. (Throwers are an exception)
A turn over by your opponent will win far more games than a dump-off.

For me, all elves get Block/Wrestle, Dodge, Tackle, Sidestep, Strip Ball, Leap/Diving Tackle. The order of these depends on my mood after Dodge
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Bendrig wrote:
You're breaking away from common choices anyway, with diving catch and a guard leap lino...

Sure, the "right" way would be Might Blow on at least one and prolly ignore it on the other and go block/wrestle.

But where's the fun in that? (Aside from winning more, maybe) I say go with your first idea and dump-off on both!

should I win more?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You can always make another team when this one gets beat down. You might as well have some fun trying out Dump Off, so you will know more about it and can work it onto your team properly

Kondor

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

HandyKaufman wrote:
Bendrig wrote:

should I win more?

I don't know. What motivates you to play the game. Some people are addicted to stunties or Ogres. Most of those guys do not worry much about winning.

If you play elves primarily because you like the role playing aspect of it then any skill you choose is the right skill.

If you want to be competitive and win more games then there is a reason why it is called "conventional wisdom." A million games played lead to a group of individuals who have collective knowledge about what works well.

Your call.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside, I suggest to fire #6, as AD said, #9 and #11.
There is too much TV bloat at the moment.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If you give MB to both, then either will likely survive and grow into a mb/block/frenzy/tackle build, the sweeper and surfer that you need to complement the blodge/dt/t of the blitzers who can pin opponents close to the sideline.

Also mb is a difference making skill, so you wont go wrong with that.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump-Off is one of the worst skills in the game. I wouldn't even waste a normal skill roll on it if I could. I don't even like it when it comes for free either. It's just terrible.

Does anyone want a rant about why? Smile

Enjoy!