44 coaches online • Server time: 15:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

An opponent left the game I was playing 3 days ago (25 December, early in the afternoon).
I followed the procedure (sent him a PM, then sent a ticket to Staff and even invited one admin to the PM I sent to him and the admin wrote him that he is under obligation to play the game).
My opponent keeps connecting to FUMBBL but doesn't reply to my PM and ignores the admin as well.
I want to either finish the game or get the win since he left 3 days ago and it's not right to reward such conduct. I don't want to cancel the game.

If site rules are not enforced, they are not rules and therefore useless. I'm not blaming the staff or the admins, I just think that an automated system to manage disconnections would be the best choice. After 3 days you lose the game automatically if you abandoned it.
If the concede button is broken, then an admin could access leaver's account, join the game, click on "concede" in the client and award the concession.

Thanks for attention.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

looking at his past matches he does seem to like the concede button

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

but surely you can talk the admin direct and ask what happens next

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

but also, site rules state you have 7 days to finish the game.
As it's only been 3 days, I can't see the admins doing anything yet

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure that admin did his best, but there is a lack of tools to award concessions.
The site rules state that you have to contact your opponent as soon as possible and schedule when to finish the game:
"If you get disconnected you must, upon returning to the site, contact your opponent in order to explain what happened and offer to resume the game. If your opponent is not online or not contactable when you return, you must send a PM with the offer and try to schedule a time to resume it."
He reconnected to site several times since he left the game, no reply to PM offering to schedule the game.
It's quite annoying to check if a coach is online/sent a reply, waiting for somebody that doesn't even show to be willing to finish the game.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %28, %2018 - %16:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Stanley wrote:
but also, site rules state you have 7 days to finish the game.
As it's only been 3 days, I can't see the admins doing anything yet

Not correct, Sir, please read here (bottom of the page):
https://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems

In Black Box the required time is reduced:
"2. The time to complete the match in point 2.2b is reduced from 1 week to 3 days."
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Today the game has been cancelled, even if I asked not to cancel it.
The message I got from this experience is: "Feel free to leave the games, the rules will not be enforced and you will get it cancelled after some days".
So, beware, fellow coaches, don't expect rules are enforced on the site, and don't expect your leaving opponent will return to play the game he left.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Good grief...locked