47 coaches online • Server time: 20:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Necross

Post 20 Posted: Apr 10, 2019 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking of playing humans are chaos dwarves in an upcoming tournament where I live. The only problem is I'm having some mild choice paralysis with my build options.

The rules are as follows:

1100 for building the team and 150 for skills
No one player may have more then 40 in skills
Cannot take the same skill more then twice
No AG or ST ups allowed.
All teams must have 11 players and may use Stars
Lewdgrip Whiparm is available to all teams but must buy him like any other star. They are using the updated version for this tournament.
Inducements are allowed

For my thoughts on Humans:
4 Blitzers (2 tackle and 2 guard)
Ogre with Block
2 catchers (1 block, 1 wrestle)
3 Linemen
Lewdgrip
2 rerolls and an Apothecary with 20 extra

I am debating dropping Lewdgrip for a Thrower, lineman and reroll, but then I would need to remove some skills to give the thrower accurate.

Chaos Dwarves will be
5 Dwarves (2 guard)
2 bulls (both with block and break tackle)
Minotuar with tentacles
3 hobgoblins
2 rerolls and an apothecary with 30 left.

Debating getting rid of Tentacles and putting Claw on a dwarf; also considering dropping the Minotaur and getting Lewdgrip. Dropping the Minotaur and buying a dwarf and 1/3 reroll is also tempting.

Thoughts?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2019 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If you regularly throw then Accurate is ok I guess... but you will probably not do that well in the tournament if you are throwing to ag3 catchers. Better to use the throwers for picking up and running with protection. Don't bother with Lewdgrip.
Guards are important blitzers. You probably don't need 2 tacklers. 1 is useful. Block on Ogre is of course good. Also interesting that you could actually stack 2 skills. Like a mighty blow, tackle blitzer. Block on the thrower is tempting too.
I have fit Griff on a lineup before, and like the option, but then you can't have the ogre or multiple team rrs in 1100. Your 12 player, no star, lineup should work. To be fair though Lewdgrip isn't so expensive and has some use on defence.

I don't have much Cwarf experience, but remember Minos are unreliable. You could consider extra rr and bench instead. Of course the Mino could tear through some teams or tie up some Elves with Tents. Or yeah, you could have Lewdgrip. Definitely don't use passing as a first option for Cwarfs!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2019 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I’ll be at the Tentacle as well.

Jeffro
 Jump to: