51 coaches online • Server time: 00:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cheekbones

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
My suggestion would be, once custom league options are settled, then have a relook at them. Lets see how to make them as easy to use as possible. (Like Stupid Simple.)
I believe fumbbl has a great opportunity to attract local groups around the world who play their own leagues through the site. They just dont know such tool exists, and even if they do, they cant figure out alone how it works. Sure, the community is helpful and explains how it works, but one needs to break some barriers to interact with the community. The ideal for growth would be if no community troubleshooting is needed to find and master custom league options.

Aye, I agree. I'd love to play in a league, but I find it extremely difficult to understand what's available and when. I don't think I'm particularly stewpid...
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/groups

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

cheekbones wrote:
bghandras wrote:
My suggestion would be, once custom league options are settled, then have a relook at them. Lets see how to make them as easy to use as possible. (Like Stupid Simple.)
I believe fumbbl has a great opportunity to attract local groups around the world who play their own leagues through the site. They just dont know such tool exists, and even if they do, they cant figure out alone how it works. Sure, the community is helpful and explains how it works, but one needs to break some barriers to interact with the community. The ideal for growth would be if no community troubleshooting is needed to find and master custom league options.

Aye, I agree. I'd love to play in a league, but I find it extremely difficult to understand what's available and when. I don't think I'm particularly stewpid...

Things that are completely overwhelming to the uninitiated doesn't make one stupid so don't sweat it for a moment Very Happy
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I did the following documentation and instruction for DLE. Feel free to use it. Note, some steps may not be needed when you build from ground up, this is specific to migration from custom roster (all 16 players have special positional that holds the icon).

1. Open the custom race positional at custom roster page and at team page.
2. Make sure the bio is up to date and accurate. If yes, then proceed.
3. Reset custom roster positional to rookie.
4. Add all as SKILL REWARD to the player (using new tool). Follow the bio as it is verified.
5. Replace all SKILL REWARDs with normal skill using EDIT SKILL button.
6. Update SPP for the player. (Add only those that are inherited.)
7. Add injuries if there is any applicable.
8. When you complete all players for the whole team, then press magic fix button, and observe TW if it is the same as before migration, and investigate if there is any difference.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

cheekbones wrote:

If you like SL teams CIBBL is always recruiting and is nearing the end of its autumn season. Available rosters include witch elves (witches and linemen) and ironbreakers (slower dwarves with av10). Or you could go on the waiting list to open a new region with 2 other coaches.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2019 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
I have created a play list in my account and it comes up on the first page of the search. The top result is by the SAGE as it has more views.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX9yJILwHENk9n_wwr4vA5h8Av2Nh2EE9

Very cool. If this link will always and only be a link to these vids in that order.. that's a pretty good link to use to augment FUMBBL 'advertising.'

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2019 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I should mention that I did have someone join the 145 based on a Reddit mention of it being a great place to learn the game - kudos to whoever set that up! There may be more too, perhaps they'll stop by here and let us know how they heard about FUMBBL.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2019 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm no expert but I have often heard that the initial visit on a website shall have as few barriers as possible, idealy any new coach gets confronted with a "play here" button and in an instant a automatized roster of his choice is assigned to him and magically the client pop ups... that would be the ideal solution.
the more clicks someone has to perform, the more text to read, the lesser the chances that he will stay on the website and eventually even return.

When the product he is trying in this moment is satisfying, FUMBBL could have won a new active member.

How difficult would it be to let new coaches instantly play a match against an AI and if they liked it they get explained afterwards that they became ready/awarded with a "Rookie of the day medal"/whatever bs" younger people keen on and can now create a team to play a game against a real human.
It is important that a new coach shouldn't have to wait for longer than 5 minutes to finally start the game against a human. Maybe a dozen of veterans with high activity always have a Rookie team ready for those new arrived coaches and get an alert once a newbie pressed the button to seek and play a game?
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2019 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

How difficult would it be to let new coaches instantly play a match against an AI...

I think Christer would agree this is a good idea and it is something I have wanted for a long time (mainly to integrate the AI I made). The main issue is the original developer, Kalimar, effectively no longer works on the FFC. Christer has now taken up the bat and is introducing some bug fixes. I am impressed that he has managed get that involved with the client to do so. Altering the client to support an AI client is a huge commitment beyond bug fixes, to the point that even Kalimar was hesitant to put that work in back in the day. The AI itself is not difficult (mine is ready to go). As much as I would love to see it happen, Christer's current focus on bug fixes is necessary and will likely consume any development time he has in front of AI integration. I imagine he also thinks having adjustable screen resolutions is also important, and again, that is a difficult task.

Oscar Wilde
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2019 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, all,

I just wanted to plug my newest FUMBBL-solidifying venture, the FUMBBL League Community of the Americas! We're a clearinghouse for Americas-time leagues and coaches who want to play in them. Join the FLCA, and we'll match you with one or more leagues that best fit your schedule, interests, and ability! I've also put out a call for experts on various subjects, to help further solidify the Americas-time [L] community. Our Discord server also has channels dedicated to Ranked, Blackbox, tournaments, and tabletop gaming.

Right now, there are only 34 of us, and the bigger we get, the more functional we get. I'm not sure why we stopped growing after an early spurt, but it's only been a couple weeks.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2019 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Removed by author

Last edited by Igvy on Jan 21, 2019 - 12:00; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2019 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Kerrrunch!

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2019 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Step #1: Collect Underpants.

Step #2: ...

Step #3: Profit!

...Mic Drop
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2019 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
... Kalimar, effectively no longer works on the FFC. Christer has now taken up the bat and is introducing some bug fixes.

Oh wow I believed Kalimar is working in the background in cooperation with Christer who reports the bug fixes to Kalimar and supplies FUMBBL with informations about the upgrading process of the client.
So in love to FUMBBL Christer has even learned the codec this client was written in and dug into the thousands of line of codes? Shocked
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2019 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i think you have it right Dominik. Christer = legend