43 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Flesh golems in starting roster or not?
List 1
73%
 73%  [ 54 ]
List 2
26%
 26%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 73

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

2rr 2 wolves no ghouls has the problems of

(a) Frenzied ballcarrier with no skills (dodge, block)
(b) 2 rerolls with 2x frenzy on the team and only 2 blockers overall
(c) Less effective use of MA, since while a wolf is +1 on a ghoul, he cannot as reasonably dodge to screen, move or assist
(d) You will absolutely expose one of those wolves during the game with only 11 men and 2rr. It is unavoidable. You may very well start with two wolves and end with 0-1 after one game.

It is entirely possible to start with 2 wolves and 2rr and win without losing key players. It also requires a lot of luck, and no small amount of skill.

I would say out of all the lists given, 2 wolves and 2rr with no ghouls is probably the worst of the lot for a short league.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Milman wrote:
Now i’m leaning most towards 1wolf,2fg,2wight,1ghoul,5zombies,3rr’s

This is the best. After 3 games you can buy the second werewolf without having to think about a third reroll additionally.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

starting with multiple frenzy players without basic skills with just 2 rr's is way too risky to be effective.

I always hate facing flesh golems. Lousy strength 4 roadblocks that messes up my gameplan. Always "do" for them.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever starting roster you pick, just nominate both golems for MVP each and every match.

Applulz

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Milman wrote:

This is the best. After 3 games you can buy the second werewolf without having to think about a third reroll additionally.

Second this. You get a blodge ballcarrier fast and can hand off to the wolf if you are dominating.

2rr 2ww can be a rough start; especially against Chaos where if he plays well you may struggle to find anywhere to safely use the frenzy.

1 wolf necro is perfectly viable and perhaps even ideal for min-max play. Two skilled wolves is a hell of a lot of TV to be standing around behind a screen of zombies if there is nowhere good to frenzy.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never heard people say don’t take flesh golems. Don’t leave necro home without them!

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage and Bghandras, amongst many others, have had success with 0 fleshie builds.

I'm not particularly opposed to such a roster - the early access to blodge and the lower TV alongside numbers is actually fairly powerful in the right hands. But you've got to be able to utilise your strengths positionally very well, and be prepared to play a potentially scrappier game than normal (which can very much suit necro).

But with the schedule listed, I'm not sure skipping ST4 on the roster is that wise, and losing "tv inefficient" (debatable) players on TT is not quite as potentially profitable as it can be in tv-based matchmaking.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get it. Why wouldn't you want 2 of your best players on the team?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 10:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Applulz wrote:
Dominik wrote:
Milman wrote:

Second this. You get a blodge ballcarrier fast and can hand off to the wolf if you are dominating.

2rr 2ww can be a rough start; especially against Chaos where if he plays well you may struggle to find anywhere to safely use the frenzy.

1 wolf necro is perfectly viable and perhaps even ideal for min-max play. Two skilled wolves is a hell of a lot of TV to be standing around behind a screen of zombies if there is nowhere good to frenzy.

I 3rd this. In fact, I recently started a tabletop league with this exact roster. Razz

Ours is also a short league, 7 games. In such an environment you have to decide upon and find a balance between team development and winning. At low TV, IMO the fleshies are your most important players. Against low/no skilled opponents Str4 makes a difference and Stand Firm is really underrated, allowing you to control space much more easily. Also Fleshies are really hard to remove from the field (though, of course, I had one die game 1). Get the golems, try to get a cas on them and then feed them MVPs if you can. I like to go Guard first on golems, but that's a different discussion.

Grabbing 2 TDs on your ghoul in game 1 really sets you up well for game 2. Blodge at low TV is just about the best thing you can have. Early on I mainly used the wolf to threaten surfs and, when in a safe position, hit high-value targets hoping for some claw luck.

If winning matters to you, I'd also consider grabbing the second Ghoul asap. Very often due to price you'll have the option of getting a Ghoul now or waiting a game for the second wolf. I'd always say take the ghoul now.

Finally, out of interest, are you playing Seasons? We are in ours and that can affect some decisions down the line.

Have fun!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Applulz

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I don't get it. Why wouldn't you want 2 of your best players on the team?

To keep the TV low (like 1000-1100) so you get matched against fresh teams and get to stomp on them instead of going to high TV clawpomb land? A necro team with a killer wolf can hover around 1000 TV and it's terrifying. A necro team with 2 killer wolves and some block/guard gets to 1500 TV and gets matched against other killer teams who will probably be better at it.

You can only blitz with 1 wolf per turn, and the ghoul is a cheaper way to carry the ball on offense. Long term you want 2 for sure but if it's a short series? Id argue a wizard could have much more of an impact on a 1 off game than a second wolf who may rarely be used.
Milman

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2019 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

5games in the league i have made it to the olay-offs now!!
Sad news,my blok wolf died!!!
Rest of the team is doing great tho but i am not sure if i should buy my second wolf again now.
My team now looks like this.
2flesh golems: 1block
2wights : both guard
2ghouls : 1with ag4 and sure hands other is rookie
1wolf : wrestle and tackle
5zombies : 2 i can still give a skill so prob 1block and 1 dirty player
3rerolls and 140k in the bank!

Gonna face amazons first (normaly i can take this guy)and then wood elves. (Wood elves are gonna be difficult,great coach)

So now that last game my wolf died i am considering not to buy another one...
He is not gonna be strong enough by the time i need him to be.

So do you guys think i should pass on the wolf and safe the spp for the other players?
Or still buy him and start building him up again?
mawph

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2019 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

buy & build. Only 1 tackle on your team, so frenzy will help as it's a second go at knocking over a dodge player, neither tam (barring a potential tree) will have strength over you, so as long as you're comfortable/confident in setting up two 2D blocks in a block/blitz action with a new rookie wolf, I think you should get him back on board. With frenzy and a 33% chance that the rookie wolf gets the MVP, you stand a reasonable chance of a skilled wolf by the second game too.
finsterface

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2019 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Great you got this far and nice to catch-up on how it went in that tourney - congrats! Smile

I agree with mawph: Buy a wolf. Good enough value for the gold, even if u shouldn't skill
him up for the woodies. And what else would you do with the money? 140k and already got
12 players. And your 2 ghouls are pretty squishy (no block on either one) - don't buy a 3rd.
Your 2x guard on the wights should really help in making your blocks 2d even on frenzy
follow-ups.

I also agree, that frenzy is good vs. zons + woodies as you're lacking tackle. Zons might
have guard on their blitzers too though, so beware of frenzy traps and surf where possible.

As your original question couple of month ago was regarding fg:
How did those work for u? Would u go same route next time?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2019 - 13:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think whether you rebuy the Wolf will depend on whether you’re playing Seasons or not. If you are, buying expensive players late in the season often isn’t worth it financially.

You’ve developed a different way to me. I like to go Guard on Golems then make the Wights the hitters (T/Mb) and blodge/wrodge the ghouls.
Congrats on making the playoffs! I’m 4/1/0 this season with 2 games to play so hoping for a Necro win Smile Keep us updated!

Good luck!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Milman

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2019 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is that the playoffs are knockout games. Also there are only 3rounds if i stay in the game. First going against amazons (what should be oke) then wood elves (who i fear the most) and if i make the finals its gonna be lizards or dark elves i think...
I do think you guys are right and that i can use the speed and frenzy of the wolf vs the zond and elves hoping on a skill for the wolf before i face the elves.

After the play-offs,this team ends and a new league will be starting in september with rookie teams. Thats why i was thinking of not getting enough value from the rookie wolf this far in the league.

I am 100% happy with the way i started the list. I started with 2golems,2wights,1ghoul and 1 wolf,3rr’s. I realy think this is the best list.
1thing i do understand is that people say the golems are just expensive zombies. Vs bashy teams they realy shine and the extra strenght is great + standfirm makes them good players to mess with the opponents coach. On the other hand ,they don’t much against agile teams...in this scenario they realy are just expensive zombies. But i would start with 2 of them again next time!

I will keep you posted on the progress of the play-offs! Hope this will make me the first 3time champion!! Very Happy
 Jump to: