30 coaches online • Server time: 07:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill?
+MA
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
Block
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Other (please elaborate)
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

finsterface

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

just played my 2nd match with this team:

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=925668

The roster is a funky mix of Norse and Dwarf:

https://fumbbl.com/help:NorseDwarfT

...and I'm not quite sure, how to go about, developing this team. They're good blockers, of course, but lack tackle (unlike Dwarf) and reliable ball-handlers, except for 2x Runners (the only other 2x AG3 guys have frenzy).

Now my Rookie-Ulf has rolled 6+4 on his 1st skill-roll and I'm contemplating, giving him +MA, but fear, that he'll be lacking important normal-skills for quite a while (block, guard, sf, mb)...

...would anyone choose +MA over Block?

Other thoughts?

PS: The team plays in CIBBL, where there's only 1 team of each [SL]-roster allowed, meaning it will play the greatest variety of teams there is, so the skill-pick should suit lots of different opponents.
Aslak_Throggsbane

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Id go MB to skill him faster.. Smile
Joost

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't beat Block I think. he has frenzy, which makes him much safer with block.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

frenzy without block is crazy risky. If he gets 2 dice blocks for each one, he has about a 22% chance of causing a turnover each time he begins a block.

Gah! Get block ASAP, and make him a safeish player to block with. MA is nice, and good for the long term development, but until you get those 10 points, be prepared for some interesting results from him.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I take mb first on the first Ulf to skill on norse when i start with 3rr. You have as much block as norse do, and av8 as well. I'd probably take mb here.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

first skill for ulf should always be block. 2nd, mighty blow. after that, you can get crazy.

only exception is rolling +STR

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest Mb.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
I'd probably take mb here.

bghandras wrote:
I suggest Mb.

Hmmm,

as of now, seems like:

+5 for +MA
+3 for Block
+3 for MB

(thx for the votes)

...that's +1 Option (MB) compared to what I was contemplating in the beginning and I'm still not deceided Confused

...guess I can't go too wrong either way, but realized that MB might have to come much earlier than I originally thought (originally was thinking: Block, SF, Guard, MB).

...still not completely convinced, I might consider it as 1st choice, though.

...will decide until ~21h, today, as that's my next (and last) friendly with the team, before it has to be ready for next season.

Currently kind of leaning towards Block, still (despite the poll). Probably because I'm not so sure and Block just seems like the choice, where I'm not doing anything wrong Rolling Eyes

MA7 is kinda attractive on an otherwise max. MA6 (and mainly MA5) team, but I'm not convinced it suits my overall playstyle with them. MB will stay on the list, though, too.

What's kind of tempting for MB is, that it suits the teams character Razz
finsterface

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Also (as an overall outlook on the team's development), I've so far restricted the amount of Frenzy to only 3 players (0 Berserkers and only 1 Dwarf Slayer), but will probably get a 4th Frenzy-guy (Berserker), next, probably...

...I think I have to get Guard on a few more Blockers soon to protect against too much chaos with all the Frenzyness on the pitch Wink
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't want an MA 7 Ulf. It's not like he can run the ball for you. Mighty Blow is an option but I'd take Block 100%.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

On a normal Norse team if i do not have a Mb ulf, then i take mb on the ulf. I am not sure how this translates to your race, but i am having a pretty significant success with my norse teams, having a mb str4 is working me wonderfully. (I can see you do not have a berserker either, so chances are you play similarly as i do.)

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Since he has Frenzy I would take Block for reliability.
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I suggest Mb.

With those two in agreement regarding early skill choices, go another route at your own peril.
finsterface

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Kzarik wrote:

bghandras wrote:
I suggest Mb.

With those two in agreement regarding early skill choices, go another route at your own peril.

Hehe, yes, I guess that comment merits attention Razz

I'm aware, though, that making the same skill-choices doesn't make me an equally capable player. In other words: I'm not sure, that I can utilize their choice the same way, they would Cool
finsterface

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2019 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, did it: Went with the least popular choice according to the poll, but what the big guys chose: MB

If it turns out a failure, he just needs 2 MVP till Block and I can always say, that it's all for the fluff Razz
 Jump to: